Anyone else hope Mendes/Edgar doesn't happen?

B

Bulletproof Acc

IF anyone else share this unpopular wish for wathever reason, sign up here.

It's not like i hate the matchup, i'd just hate to see one of these guys getting derailed right now.

Unfortunately, i think it will happen. These guys never back out!

Mendes lost to Aldo, beat Lamas, lost to McGregor in his last three. He's derailed.

Yeah. Mendes is derailed. He needs a big win. Also I want Edgar out of the way from GOAT and Chad is the best guy to do it so I hope Mendes KOs him.

No way that Mendes wins this when Edgar is a better fighter on the feet.

The only way I Mendes can win g is if he can hold Edgar down for 5 whole rounds which won't happen.

Mendes lost to Aldo, beat Lamas, lost to McGregor in his last three. He's derailed.

If you only look at his record, you might think that.

Losing to Aldo in a great fight does not scream derailment. Aldo fucks everybody up.

KOing Lamas in the first round is... Incredible. You act like Lamas is a bum.

About the McG fight... I won't make excuses for Chad. He got messed up but a rematch is something i def wanna see in the future.

It sounds like you just doesn't like Chad. Which is cool i guess

No way that Mendes wins this when Edgar is a better fighter on the feet.

The only way I Mendes can win g is if he can hold Edgar down for 5 whole rounds which won't happen.

Mendes got some sneaky good boxing. And TJ will be his secret for finding success against Edgar i think.

If they are still boys.

I want this fight. Furthermore Mendes is already derailed, i am just hoping he doesn't derail Frankie.

I want this fight. Furthermore Mendes is already derailed, i am just hoping he doesn't derail Frankie.

Stylewise Edgar is probably the toughest fight for Conor and he came closest to beating Aldo imo, he took two rounds at least. His careers between completely mismanaged since his loss to Jose, the BJ fight was ridiculous, Faber didn't do much for him. I'd like to see him fight for the belt next and I don't think Mendes will derail him, but it's a very dangerous fight for Frankie. So yeah, love the match up, feel Mendes might not deserve it though.

I like the fight. The winner is easily the #1 contender... Unless Aldo loses than we get an immediate rematch. UFC loves their rematches

If you only look at his record, you might think that.

Losing to Aldo in a great fight does not scream derailment. Aldo fucks everybody up.

KOing Lamas in the first round is... Incredible. You act like Lamas is a bum.

About the McG fight... I won't make excuses for Chad. He got messed up but a rematch is something i def wanna see in the future.

It sounds like you just doesn't like Chad. Which is cool i guess

Mendes lost two title fights in less than a year. He was just stopped via strikes. He's no longer riding high. He's not streaking. There's no way to suggest he is.

Taking another loss here would hurt a lot. But there's not a ton of momentum to derail.

Eh. I still believe the timing of this fight makes zero sense unless your name is Conor McGregor, but I've learned to accept it and have become excited for it. I expect Frankies feints to throw Mendes off for the majority of the night, but I also expect Mendes to rock frankie at least once.

It's a great fight, but horrible timing. Kind of a bittersweet feeling.

The loser doesn't fall far. They just get sorted out a bit more finely. Good fight.

Mendes is so dislikealbe, he got upset he couldnt wrestlefuk Conor and made all these claims like other worse wrestlers could wrestlfuk him and Aldo hits 10X harder etc.. he has come across so dislikealbe.

Edgar on the other hand is a cool guy with an exciting style, I hope he smashes Mendes badly and we dont have to hear his name again.

Yeah. Mendes is derailed. He needs a big win. Also I want Edgar out of the way from Canner and Chad is the best guy to do it so I hope Mendes KOs him.

At least you're honest lmao

Mendes is so dislikealbe, he got upset he couldnt wrestlefuk Conor and made all these claims like other worse wrestlers could wrestlfuk him and Aldo hits 10X harder etc.. he has come across so dislikealbe.

Edgar on the other hand is a cool guy with an exciting style, I hope he smashes Mendes badly and we dont have to hear his name again.

Mendes is a fighter. Let him act like it.

IF anyone else share this unpopular wish for wathever reason, sign up here.

It's not like i hate the matchup, i'd just hate to see one of these guys getting derailed right now.

Unfortunately, i think it will happen. These guys never back out!

Are you crazy? This is the kind of matchmaking that made the UFC great in the first place, when the best actually fought the best, whether it was for the title or just because it made for a good fight.

Nowadays they seem more interested in protecting potential title contenders and avoid that they lose before their title shot than actually putting on good, competitive fights.

LOL, Mendes is already derailed. He lost twice to Aldo and once to Conor for interim.

This is a big test for Frankie. Aldo and Conor have already passed the test. I believe Frankie can pass it too.

I've always wanted to see more fights like Edgar/Mendes.
Or Benavidez vs Dodson.
These types of guys tend not to fight each other precisely because 'one of them will get derailed'.

Mendes should be at the top and I do want to see this fight, but I think he needs to keep himself in the gym and put the guns down for a bit until he feels like not being a contender anymore.. You've got a few years at the top in your entire life when you're lucky and he's got a couple more if HE'S lucky, so he should stick to full-time training, make what he can, then move onto whatever floats his boat.

Yeah. Mendes is derailed. He needs a big win. Also I want Edgar out of the way from GOAT and Chad is the best guy to do it so I hope Mendes KOs him.

Even his fans know Conor can't beat Fe.

Back