Anyone else hate on Anderson Silva most of his career only to love him in the end? GOAT

hydrobadazz

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Sad day today, Silva is hanging it up, end of an era. I used to hate him most of his career but in recent years I only realized how many great moments I missed out on.

How about you guys?

Hated him after the 1st Franklin fight, 2nd fight felt like UFC was sacrificing a lamb putting Rich back in there realized he was a special talent and super exciting. Every one of his fights brought a crowd to the house waiting on 'that moment' to happen. Would watch him fight every 3 months until he's 50. He was good for the sport.

I was on the Chris Leben hype train at the time so when Silva beat the absolute shit out of him I knew he'd be the next middleweight champ....the rest of his career has been sort of meh after sonnen

Was a fan of him during PRIDE and during his early UFC run but his awful fanbase made me want to see him lose.

No, I've never been a part of his vocal fanbase but I've always admired him. He was so unique, effortless and lethal at his peak.

One of the most iconic fighters in combat sports history, no doubt.

I was a bit salty when he beat Marquardt and Okami, but every other one of his UFC fights, I was rooting for Silva to win.

2rjCO23.gif

The first UFC PPV I saw was Silva vs. Franklin II. Didn't know any fighters on the card in advance and not knowing better I bought into the commentators hype, that the main event was a wide open match-up, that could go any way. I have always rooted for Silva, though the past few years have done nothing for me.

bro to be honest never really liked him abit too cocky of himself when he was bullying fighters..just saying how i feel.

A lot of the hate Anderson got was that he intentionally put on some horrifically boring fights.

I’m the opposite. Loved him most of his career until the failed test. Was a huge jones fan too, until the failed tests and stupid behaviour.

I got into the sport right before the first Chael fight and wanted him to lose. I was even hoping Okami would win although I knew he basically had nothing to offer. In the rematch with Chael I was 50/50 but since then I've rooted for him every fight.

I wouldn't say I 'hated' him but to me he was always 'that can from PRIDE' while all the TUF n00bs (and post-TUF n00bs) were spooging till they drowned over him

gotta keep that hardcore elitist snobbery going y'know
<TheDonald>

Opposite. I loved Silva but he should have hung the gloves up a long time ago.
precisely after the bonnar fight as he planned to
or at most after the first weidman fight

Back