Anyone Buying a TV for Their New Consoles

I ordered a Samsung Q70T. Now I need to check and see if my receiver can do 4K.

So i need help for TV that is offered for next gen console.

What you think about this models? Here is first one i was looking for and got some more by seller.
LG 50UN74003LB - Whats difference from this one to other TV

thanksScreenshot_20201129_181809_com.google.android.apps.messaging_edit_129644011618238.jpg

So i need help for TV that is offered for next gen console.

What you think about this models? Here is first one i was looking for and got some more by seller.
LG 50UN74003LB - Whats difference from this one to other TV

thanksView attachment 817164
LG-TV-model-identification-2018-2020-new-1.jpg

and

What do Samsung TV model numbers actually mean? Why are they so long?

So i purchased LG for first time and i think i made a mistake. I cant find best looking graphics on TV while playing.

lg 50un74003lb this is mode i have and i messed with brightness and colors and didnt find anything that will actually show nice 4k. Then some people suggested me to change to game mode cuz of input lag, picture is so wierd and ugly like on 1080. Just now i changed to Vivid mode and details are amazing ( Mortal Kombat) Blood, bones, background is so nice but it does feel little bit laggy. How do i make it best possible way? Vivid looking screen without lag input? thanks

This thing arrived yesterday: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0829RYP8V/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_QMEYZ1P2VTWW12M2AB2T

Uh, I honestly didn't expect good hdr to make this much difference, but it's something else. When the screen is dark I can't even make out where the screen meets the bezels.

It's actually bigger than I wanted, but the 55 inch model was actually cheaper than the smallest one, the 48 inch.

Last edited:

This is a great post, their models numbers confused the hell out of me.

If any of you are looking to compare tv's, this site really helped me, just punch in the tv's you want to see head to head and they probably have them matched.
https://www.rtings.com/

I bought a temp tv in Nov and finally was ready for the real deal, spent quite a bit of time researching, that site was really helpful.
The LG CX looks sweet, but since I use my TV as a PC monitor (burn-in) in a lit room (dimmer screen), it didn't seem like the best fit. I ended up getting a Samsung Q90T 65".

I got the Samsung Q950T to match my TV. That might fall into the "too crazy" category though.

I'm in the same boat, I always use my tv's/projectors with my pc's mainly. I had a plasma for years, best TV I ever owned, but the worry of burn-in was always in the back of my mind on long gaming binges, or just messing around on the internet, I don't need that kind of stress when I'm supposed to be chilling lol

I wound up getting a 75 inch Q80T. The Q90 is a bit better for sure, but holy fuck at that size it's almost $1k more expensive lol, and $1.5k in my case as the 80 was $500 off. The stand (middle pillar) alone would have made me probably choose it, even if it wasn't as good as it is. I really don't care for the legs at the bottom corner of TV's, you need super long stands

The only problem is that I have to wait until Wednesday for it to come in. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas :D

How are you liking it?

This is a great post, their models numbers confused the hell out of me.

If any of you are looking to compare tv's, this site really helped me, just punch in the tv's you want to see head to head and they probably have them matched.
https://www.rtings.com/

I bought a temp tv in Nov and finally was ready for the real deal, spent quite a bit of time researching, that site was really helpful.

I'm in the same boat, I always use my tv's/projectors with my pc's mainly. I had a plasma for years, best TV I ever owned, but the worry of burn-in was always in the back of my mind on long gaming binges, or just messing around on the internet, I don't need that kind of stress when I'm supposed to be chilling lol

I wound up getting a 75 inch Q80T. The Q90 is a bit better for sure, but holy fuck at that size it's almost $1k more expensive lol, and $1.5k in my case as the 80 was $500 off. The stand (middle pillar) alone would have made me probably choose it, even if it wasn't as good as it is. I really don't care for the legs at the bottom corner of TV's, you need super long stands

The only problem is that I have to wait until Wednesday for it to come in. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas :D

How are you liking it?
I had a more mid-tier 4k HDR TV from several years ago. I can tell a big difference between the two. No complaints so far. It seems really good.

I had a more mid-tier 4k HDR TV from several years ago. I can tell a big difference between the two. No complaints so far. It seems really good.
Nice. I have a 50 inch Toshiba/Amazon tv that I bought as a stop gap. I always have two screens goin on my pc, so this will always be beside my Q80, can't wait to compare it.

Nice. I have a 50 inch Toshiba/Amazon tv that I bought as a stop gap. I always have two screens goin on my pc, so this will always be beside my Q80, can't wait to compare it.

I was using a Vizio M-series as a tv/monitor, so this was a big step up. I actually just moved the Vizio to another wall in the same room and got another gaming pc. We have a pretty good setup for 4 people now. :)

This thing arrived yesterday: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0829RYP8V/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_QMEYZ1P2VTWW12M2AB2T

Uh, I honestly didn't expect good hdr to make this much difference, but it's something else. When the screen is dark I can't even make out where the screen meets the bezels.

It's actually bigger than I wanted, but the 55 inch model was actually cheaper than the smallest one, the 48 inch.

The glass for the 48 model is cut from the same pieces of mother glass as the 77 inch model so there aren't as many 48's as 55's and 65's as the 55's and 65's have their own sheets. Here in the UK the 48's sold out really quickly when they were first released.

I've got the 65 inch version and I love it.

Back