Anybody watching the PPVs that are on right now?

Rob-G

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I know HBO has most of the attention for tonight, but there is also 2 PPVs on right now. One with Jorge Arce vs. Devid Lookmahanak and one with Christian Mijares vs. Alexander Munoz. Although I got both on right now in 2 separate rooms I must say my focus is more on Mijares-Lookmahanak. Been a pretty good PPV so far. Mijare's brother had a nice showing tonight, and right now in the main event we're getting a pretty competitive fight with a little bit of dirty boxing going on. Anybody else tuning in?

Mijares-Lookmahanak.

lol, you created your own fight.

* SPOILER *

I thought the Arce decision was one of the worst in the last few years, Lookmahanak got robbed !

Yea Arce lost that fight but they were fighting in Mexico what do u expect.

And I don't like Arce. Too flamboyant for my taste and he will lose to everyone at the top. I guess I would still like to see him fight Vic Dar, but ya know...

I'm watching some of the Arce PPV now. Viloria looked pretty good in his fight, though he was fighting a guy with a sub-.500 record. I just started watching the Arce fight and will post my thoughts on it later.

I just got done watching the Arce fight. He won on the scorecards, but I thought the other guy won. I didn't actually score each round, but I thought he took enough rounds that even though he got knocked down, he still won the fight. He came forward almost the whole fight and it looked like he landed the more telling blows. Anybody else see the fight and have an opinion on it?

I just got done watching Munoz-Mijares and it was a heck of a fight. In my opinion, either guy could've justifiably won the decision.

I just got done watching Munoz-Mijares and it was a heck of a fight. In my opinion, either guy could've justifiably won the decision.

Really? I thought that Mijares pretty clearly won, I've hardly ever seen a guy swing and miss as hard and as often as Munoz did in that fight. Even with all his power shots he never really landed on Mijares once.

I actually thought the Arce fight was closer than the Mijares one, although Lookmahanek deserved the nod over Arce big time.

Second Mijares fight in a row where he should've gotten a UD win and somehow got a split.

Montiel vs. Mijares. You make it fucking happen, KK. Make it fucking happen.

There has to seriously be something wrong with the Boxing World when we have HBO and two PPV Boxing events.I mean its trying to find its footing. Compting against it self doesnt work

There has to seriously be something wrong with the Boxing World when we have HBO and two PPV Boxing events.I mean its trying to find its footing. Compting against it self doesnt work

The shows got put on by different Promoters, its always been like this so I dont know what you're talking about. Anyway, the Mijares fight was actually on Galavision which is a basic cable chanel. Do some of you guys not get Galavision? This is the second time in a row where Mijares was fighting on PPV but they showed it on Galavision.

Galavision? Never heard of it.

Anyway... Does anyone have the UNIVERSAL HD channel? They broadcast the Tarver/Woods fight last time and I wonder if that is a regular thing for them to broadcast all the Showtime Championship boxing fights. That would save me a lot of money. Not forking another 14 bucks a month just to watch a few boxing matches.

I had a chance to see all of the main fights on those cards and they were all good. Just wish they weren't going up against one another is all.

i live close to mexico, and i got to see them both for free...arce was showed on tv azteca, and mijares was on televisa

Back