Anybody surprised the actors strike is still going on?

This is pretty crazy. This may actually go all the way until 2024. Is it safe to say that even when Hollywood does get back to work, conditions will be far worse for actors than they were like 10 years ago?
Most folks don't have the attention span to notice. Also, as long as some hump is putting out Youtube content, folks will likely not care.

That’s what will happen. They’ll just say “Fuck it…we’ll just train illegals to act and use AI to convert their accents into what we need.” That’d be the smart move. Would save a shitload of money too.
Yup and it’s not like the current product could get much worse. Modern television and film is garbage. Almost zero artistic value.

This is pretty crazy. This may actually go all the way until 2024. Is it safe to say that even when Hollywood does get back to work, conditions will be far worse for actors than they were like 10 years ago?
I'm surprised to learn it started.

Meh....don't really care to be honest. I have tons of shows and movies queued up already on Netflix, Prime, and Max. I can go another 3 years before I need any crap from Hollywood writers and/or actors.

Plus foreign films and shows are becoming much easier to access and equally, if not better, quality.

I love the fact that most people didn't even know it was still going on, or didn't even know there was an actors strike.

I cared more about the writers strike. But honestly who gives a shit either way?

There's enough content out there already to keep us busy for a decade.

I thought that SAG would get a deal within 2 weeks of WGA getting a deal. I was wrong. I have no idea if the upcoming US holiday season (Thanksgiving to New Years) will put more or less pressure on both sides to get a deal done.

We are only on page 2 of the threads and, as usual, the Spiteful Losers of Sherdog are out in full force to declare that they don't care about some "Hollywood actors". The thing is, the vast majority of actors in the guild are hard working professionals who grind out careers in a very difficult industry. Without the actors working, tv shows and movies cannot be in production. That means that all the production people, security, caterers, drivers, etc. are also out of a job right now.

You don't have to shed a tear for Tom Cruise, he is going to be just fine, but your lack of empathy towards the devastating impact on the tens of thousands of blue collar workers in a dozen different industries that rely on the tv and film industry is telling. Not surprising, but definitely telling.

I'm guessing things are tougher because the shift to streaming is more significantly, studios will fight harder to keep a bigger percentage for themselves as they did with music streaming.

I thought that SAG would get a deal within 2 weeks of WGA getting a deal. I was wrong. I have no idea if the upcoming US holiday season (Thanksgiving to New Years) will put more or less pressure on both sides to get a deal done.

We are only on page 2 of the threads and, as usual, the Spiteful Losers of Sherdog are out in full force to declare that they don't care about some "Hollywood actors". The thing is, the vast majority of actors in the guild are hard working professionals who grind out careers in a very difficult industry. Without the actors working, tv shows and movies cannot be in production. That means that all the production people, security, caterers, drivers, etc. are also out of a job right now.

You don't have to shed a tear for Tom Cruise, he is going to be just fine, but your lack of empathy towards the devastating impact on the tens of thousands of blue collar workers in a dozen different industries that rely on the tv and film industry is telling. Not surprising, but definitely telling.

Yeah. I still don't care. Your guilt trip didn't work.

Had no idea

been at least 10 years since i watched a new movie tho

Meh....don't really care to be honest. I have tons of shows and movies queued up already on Netflix, Prime, and Max. I can go another 3 years before I need any crap from Hollywood writers and/or actors.

Plus foreign films and shows are becoming much easier to access and equally, if not better, quality.

This is a valid point. The media created in the last 10 years could keep us entertained for decades between shows, movies, music and video games. Perhaps they were over creating and this is a natural effect of that.

Oh no how will we live without reality tv
the handful of shows I watch can live on but modern writers will slowly ruin them all anyway so death to all of it

Back