Anybody see “Tax Collector” with Brian Ortega and Brendan Schaub?

LilNicky95

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ortega was ok in his role. Schaub did not have a speaking part but still could not be any less convincing.

The movie overall was blasted by critics as one of the worst movies of the year.

I say it was one of the worst movies EVER.

Shia LaGoof got a damn Conor Mcgregor style REAL chest tattoo for this garbage movie and they showed his chest for exactly 2 seconds.

Anyways, it was a bad movie. Most of you should still watch it because not much else is going on.

i liked it....its fucked up but i liked it.....as to my understanding youre essentially watching 2 movies at once....so part of it is a gang problem that got out of hand and the main guy david is already dead and in hell, this part of the movie essentially plays backwards and you dont see how he ended up in hell til the end....the first part of the movie where david is already in hell as a "tax collector" is an allegory for US relations over the years......Lebeouf The Creeper is the US military and David is the people/criminals and his uncle george lopez is the govt.....so them going around collecting taxes is a metaphor for how the US created its own drugs problems by supporting groups like Contra and turning Central/South America into shitholes solely for profit....after the Cartels take control during this period the Military (when the creeper gets killed by gangs) and the govt(when his uncle gets decapitated) have become almost completely ineffective in dealing with them.....then you get to end where David who has become a gang member because of how America created its own drug problem dies and is in hell as the thing he despises most and I imagine this movie is basically just going in a constant loop for him.

i liked it....its fucked up but i liked it.....as to my understanding youre essentially watching 2 movies at once....so part of it is a gang problem that got out of hand and the main guy david is already dead and in hell, this part of the movie essentially plays backwards and you dont see how he ended up in hell til the end....the first part of the movie where david is already in hell as a "tax collector" is an allegory for US relations over the years......Lebeouf The Creeper is the US military and David is the people/criminals and his uncle george lopez is the govt.....so them going around collecting taxes is a metaphor for how the US created its own drugs problems by supporting groups like Contra and turning Central/South America into shitholes solely for profit....after the Cartels take control during this period the Military (when the creeper gets killed by gangs) and the govt(when his uncle gets decapitated) have become almost completely ineffective in dealing with them.....then you get to end where David who has become a gang member because of how America created its own drug problem dies and is in hell as the thing he despises most and I imagine this movie is basically just going in a constant loop for him.
<Moyes5>

*Sees big paragraph*
Wait wut?

Anyways, how's the action in the movie? Is it worth going to a Drive-In movie theater to check it out?

*Sees big paragraph*
Wait wut?

Anyways, how's the action in the movie? Is it worth going to a Drive-In movie theater to check it out?
oh yeah they kill the fuck out of everything

I enjoyed it. Labouf low-key killed his role as creeper a cartel tax collector. The main character was kinda trash though. It’s not great but it definitely has its moments.

Ortega was ok in his role. Schaub did not have a speaking part but still could not be any less convincing.

The movie overall was blasted by critics as one of the worst movies of the year.

I say it was one of the worst movies EVER.

Shia LaGoof got a damn Conor Mcgregor style REAL chest tattoo for this garbage movie and they showed his chest for exactly 2 seconds.

Anyways, it was a bad movie. Most of you should still watch it because not much else is going on.

I liked the beginning up until about halfway through. Was so surprised to see how it ended, with Shi being built up as this huge badass, just to get his head stomped in. The movie had potential, they squandered it. Still not a bad movie, but pretty awful, lol.

<EdgyBrah>

I liked the beginning up until about halfway through. Was so surprised to see how it ended, with Shi being built up as this huge badass, just to get his head stomped in. The movie had potential, they squandered it. Still not a bad movie, but pretty awful, lol.
LaGoof had a pretty minor role and they made it seem like he was the main guy??

{<huh}

Awful flick, saw it halfway and turned it off

You know what the first half was many times better then what fallowed, to say it fell off a cliff is an understatement. From events, actions, acting, story... my god it was a train wreck :D

Overall low quality movie, I will never re-watch and I can't recommend it.

David Ayer has made some awesome movies like Training Day, End of Watch, and Fury, so I'm surprised to see such shit reviews for this one. Looks like a skip for me.

the Boof is like the least intimidating person ever. a gust of wind would blow that hobbit over. but on the real, did he smesh Megan Fox or not?
Him and Optimus Prime both smeshed.

Megan is married to that old goof from 90210, Brian Austin Dweeb or something but you know she is on the prowl.

I enjoyed it. Labouf low-key killed his role as creeper a cartel tax collector. The main character was kinda trash though. It’s not great but it definitely has its moments.
Idk man, there were not many moments and the main bad guy, Bendejo or whatever his name, was plain comical.

a9c.png

Back