• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anybody Live in PA?

lol. True there are a lot of unemployed opiate addicts in the area, but the majority of people are commuters from NYC and work hard during the week. Lots of great high school wrestling programs and MMA schools in the area too.

PA is a good state. I've lived in RI, MA, NJ, FLA and NY and PA is the best out of all of them.

Really? The alcohol laws here are strict as hell. Cant even buy beer at the supermarket...

Headlights reqd by law.

I'm sure you figured out Wawa is a convenience store chain, it grew out of a dairy although I don't know how they picked the name.

Turkey Hill and Rutter's are two other convenience store chains, and the important thing about them is you can buy Maple Donuts at them. Maple is a donut factory in York, they're pretty good donuts.

Turkey hill ice tea FTW. Also UTZ potato chips.

I second "Who the hell would move to Coatesville?"

Coatesville is pretty much an old shell of a rust belt town. It's boring, depressing, and has alot of crime.

I would move to West Chester if you need to be close by. It's a decent sized town with a university and alot of young people.

Word, I mentioned to him either Lancaster or Downingtown.

Rosenberger's > Turkey Hill.

Rosenberger's + Old Grand-Dad Bourbon is absolutely fucking delicious.

Ive never tried that ill be on the lookout for it. I just noticed when I go to other areas there iced tea is nasty lol.

Just got back from the first day of work. Holy shit this was an intense day! They told me I had to pass an avionics test before I officially work there. I figured maybe an hour of easy shit, no problem. WRONG. They give us a schematic and some aircraft parts, and say build me a wiring harness by 3:30. NINE fucking hours later my time was up, and I was NOT finished. There were 3 of us and NOBODY finished that shit. So the instructor made us wait in a little room while he checked out our work. A fucking hour passed, and we were told 60% of the people fail that shit, and that we wouldn't get paid for the day if we failed. Plus we'd have to leave. We were all stressing the fuck out. I just drove up here from Bama, and have ZERO money. So I'd be fucked if I failed. And keep in mind I didn't even finish my work. So the instructor comes back in and takes one of us out for 15 mins. Then that dude comes back and grabs his shit and leaves the premises. He looked sad too. I felt bad. We couldn't even say bye to him. Gone. Just like that. Then the instructor grabs me and the other guy and says welcome to Sikorsky. Crazy.

I'll try it, but I'm pretty confident in saying that you can NEVER beat sweat tea from the deep south.

Yea you right. But do you mean homemade or in the bottle? Ive def. had some good homemade tea down south.

Really? The alcohol laws here are strict as hell. Cant even buy beer at the supermarket...

Probably the worst part of living in PA. Fucking state stores, and fucking LBC deciding what is available in them.

Yea you right. But do you mean homemade or in the bottle? Ive def. had some good homemade tea down south.

Homemade. You can buy Milo's tea in a jug down there, and it's good. But a pitcher of homemade tea in the south has like 2 lbs of sugar in it. And lemons.

Just got back from the first day of work. Holy shit this was an intense day! They told me I had to pass an avionics test before I officially work there. I figured maybe an hour of easy shit, no problem. WRONG. They give us a schematic and some aircraft parts, and say build me a wiring harness by 3:30. NINE fucking hours later my time was up, and I was NOT finished. There were 3 of us and NOBODY finished that shit. So the instructor made us wait in a little room while he checked out our work. A fucking hour passed, and we were told 60% of the people fail that shit, and that we wouldn't get paid for the day if we failed. Plus we'd have to leave. We were all stressing the fuck out. I just drove up here from Bama, and have ZERO money. So I'd be fucked if I failed. And keep in mind I didn't even finish my work. So the instructor comes back in and takes one of us out for 15 mins. Then that dude comes back and grabs his shit and leaves the premises. He looked sad too. I felt bad. We couldn't even say bye to him. Gone. Just like that. Then the instructor grabs me and the other guy and says welcome to Sikorsky. Crazy.

You had no clue that this was hardcore interview going in?

23701353.jpg

PA reminds me of pictures of people during the dust bowl.

I've also seen houses sporting the Confederate flag in parts of PA. PA was not a Confederate state.

Last edited:
Probably the worst part of living in PA. Fucking state stores, and fucking LBC deciding what is available in them.

DID YOU KNOW: While the PA LCB has ridiculous rules we actually get better prices on items bought in state stores because they, as a monopoly in our state, can demand insane prices from the manufacturers. The Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board is one of the nations biggest alcohol buyers. In theory they are supposed to pass on the savings to us.

DID YOU KNOW: While the PA LCB has ridiculous rules we actually get better prices on items bought in state stores because they, as a monopoly in our state, can demand insane prices from the manufacturers. The Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board is one of the nations biggest alcohol buyers. In theory they are supposed to pass on the savings to us.

And yet shit is cheaper in NJ and DE

And yet shit is cheaper in NJ and DE

Yeah I usually buy some shit tax free in Delaware but never actually noticed if the items themselves were priced any different than ours. IN THEORY we are supposed to get better prices.

To me it's the idea that a select group of bureacrats can decide which brands will be available in the state,instead of the market deciding,then deciding which class of stores get what brands,and the ridiculous special order process.
Also,closing on Sunday.Gay.

If the PA LCB is one of the biggest buyers,it's simply because it's an entire state buying the liquor.
Also,I'd rather have liquor store workers be in the private sector,rather than having yet another government job.
Overall though,it's mostly the selection,and where I can/can't buy certain products that drives me nuts.

To me it's the idea that a select group of bureacrats can decide which brands will be available in the state,instead of the market deciding,then deciding which class of stores get what brands,and the ridiculous special order process.
Also,closing on Sunday.Gay.

If the PA LCB is one of the biggest buyers,it's simply because it's an entire state buying the liquor.
Also,I'd rather have liquor store workers be in the private sector,rather than having yet another government job.
Overall though,it's mostly the selection,and where I can/can't buy certain products that drives me nuts.

Yeah I'd rather do it like other states too. I went on a vacation to Italy last summer and we had some amazing wine. It's normal for these places to offer to mail bottles to the U.S. as part of a "Wine of the Month" club type thing. Of course they ask "Wait do you live in Pennsylvania?" IM ALL THE WAY IN FUCKING EUROPE AND PA IS HOLDING ME BACK. Apparently they arent allowed to ship liquor here without some special license.

Stay away from Allentown & the Poconos.
Most of the people there are shady as hell.
It's worse than Detroit.

Just curious why you say that? What are your thoughts on Scranton?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back