• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anybody giving chance Bones against Ngannou?

Jons really long body and distance management is going to be a problem for Francis. Mix in a couple takedowns with a lot of typical Jon Jones oblique kicks and you have a formidable gameplan I think. Ngannou obviously is still very capable of landing a sleeper on Jon though.

He tossed DC around whenever he felt like it

Six years ago, which is a eternity in a MMA career. Well, unless you count the one that was declared a non contest because Jones cheated enough to get caught.

Despite Ngannous current hype and Jones declining form, Jones should still be a betting favourite.

OK sorry for my english. Now :

1)I thought Jon fightwise/fight iq he is the goat, if not definitely top 5 with the classics khabib/gsp/Anderson etc.

2)hes fighting all his life for belts he won't get nervous or sth

3)he isn't as clean heavyweight build as Francis but he's got the reach advantage and great chin and cardio

4)didn't francis breath heavy after the first takedown defence, I feel if not for Usman shouting to stay calm he would again gassed out. Am I the only one who saw this?

5)jon all his career trains according to the opponent and always goes with an advanced plan against him. I've seen many fighters even ufc Champs to train a lot but not smart. If you fight against a great Striker hell definitely create a specific path.

6)i ve seen every fight of Jon,i honestly believe that Gustaf 1 and Reyes maybe lost but, his style is always throwing mixed small pinch moves to slowly pick apart the opponent mixed with great wrestling. Isn't that the best way to beat Francis??

7)i don't remember anytime jon to getting hit clean without defending like overeem etc.

These my friends are all facts.

If that was the case, UFC would have many champions with no cardio, no ground game and only KO power.
But it doesn't
Usually, the more well rounded fighter beats the one KO fighter
This is why Rumble wasn't champion
Or Carwin
This is why guys like Manhoef or Guillard have many losses. Shit chins, though!

The difference between guys like Rumble and Carwin vs somebody like Ngannou is that Nagnnou actually has the kind of power that idiots like Rogan claimed that Carwin and Rumble have.

They hit hard, no doubt, but it's not even in the same galaxyas Ngannou power. Carwin, in particular, might be the most overrated fighter on this forum.

Does the best MMA fighter of all time have a chance to win an MMA fight? Yes. He should be the favorite in fact.

Depends on Ngannou ego also. He's known to become cocky and stop listening to his coaches.
If he's able to stay focused on improving he will be difficult to beat knowing the sorry state of the HW division.

A contender should match him for 85% size at least. Most HW are already more skilled than Ngannou. I only see Gane right now.

Jon only chance is to pulse.

Much easier fight for bones than Stipe. Against Stipe, Jones couldn't depend on him getting tired after 2-3 rounds--he'd have to beat Stipe somewhere, and it's not apparent that Jones is better than Stipe anywhere.

Against Francis, he just has to be elusive for a couple of rounds, and then drag him down and dominate him on the ground once he tires--or pick him apart with kicks from the outside.

Francis did a good job on Saturday, but people are ignoring the fact that his mouth was open and gasping for air after one round.

Maybe if he's back on PEDs (probably need some EPO to keep up a high pace to try and tire franny out) mixed with eye pokes to oblique kicks.

Back