Anybody else worried about Weidman?

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
I know he is the favorite against Omari Akhmedov but

EehYVGNWoAI5tkK

<6> just saying the man has been getting KO'd left and right. He fought against top competition but these KOs can take its toll. Plus i didn't know the guy had 23 surgeries.

I hear he’s currently got a really tough cut back down to 205.

his cardio is already shit so..

EehYVGNWoAI5tkK

<6> just saying the man has been getting KO'd left and right. He fought against top competition but these KOs can take its toll. Plus i didn't know the guy had 23 surgeries.

No. He's been koed but I don't think he took a lot of cumulative damage, if that makes sense.

Not sure if it's the fight I would have taken, but a coin flip. If his chin holds up, he wins.

He's BJ Penning himself. He's about to go from bring called the GOAT to being a laughingstock to the new fans. The same thing happened to barao. Dana should have intervened long ago the same way he did with chuck.

☹️

Chris needs to go back to his wrestling, when he was first in UFC he was shooting on guys or trying to grab them always and then trip them, but last 3-4 years he wants to do 95% striking, I think its a mistake because he is so slow and stiff, he has always been very stiff in the striking and quite slow too.. its not fluid at all. His striking is a bit like Olyinik, very stiff. I think he needs to go back to his bread and butter and get guys on the floor and ground 'n' pound and looks for subs, its much better for him.

He can beat Akhmedov by probably by submission or decision, but if he just wants to do only standup yet again then I guess anything can happen, he could get caught again and dropped.

No. He's been koed but I don't think he took a lot of cumulative damage, if that makes sense.

Not sure if it's the fight I would have taken, but a coin flip. If his chin holds up, he wins.
You may feel differently if you try to have a substantive conversation with him. Chris is a nice guy, for the most part, but before long he'll be getting coloring books for Christmas. It's sad.

I thought he should've retired after the Reyes fight but I respect his competitiveness and drive to prove himself. + akhmedov is not as powerful as some of the other dudes so it should be a safer fight for him.

He's BJ Penning himself. He's about to go from bring called the GOAT to being a laughingstock to the new fans. The same thing happened to barao. Dana should have intervened long ago the same way he did with chuck.

☹️

And Barao just got signed to another MMA organization too...

If he repackaged himself with Askren's style - mindful of what did it in.... - i think he has a run left in him.

Like this though? It's painful to watch

Chris needs to go back to his wrestling, when he was first in UFC he was shooting on guys or trying to grab them always and then trip them, but last 3-4 years he wants to do 95% striking, I think its a mistake because he is so slow and stiff, he has always been very stiff in the striking and quite slow too.. its not fluid at all. His striking is a bit like Olyinik, very stiff. I think he needs to go back to his bread and butter and get guys on the floor and ground 'n' pound and looks for subs, its much better for him.

He can beat Akhmedov by probably by submission or decision, but if he just wants to do only standup yet again then I guess anything can happen, he could get caught again and dropped.
I think his 23 surgeries have something to do with him not wrestling as much. I can’t imagine trying to wrestle with multiple knee, back, and neck injuries. He’s like an old man now

EehYVGNWoAI5tkK

If he can take this guy down and wrestle he can win. I wouldn't pick Chris these days against anyone standing. It's really sad.

Omari's last proper finish came 7 years ago.. I'm not thinking Chris loses by KO.

If he loses this one, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets cut.

Back