Anybody caught anything (skin diseases, infections ect) that made them quit M.A

MMouse

Now you enter...the shredder
Banned
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to posts this, but I thought I asks since this is my first time catching something like molluscum, and it's been frustrating me, and even making me depress at times to the point it crosses my mind that I should quit martial arts and just get into general health and fitness.

I love martial arts and definately something that's exciting to do cause it can lead to many different paths in life but if its at the costs of catching something then is it really worth it? I mean what else can I expect? herpes? staph?

Anyone here or know anyone experienced a similar situation.

I wouldn't worry about getting herpes too much unless you are copulating with your sparring partners, lol.

Always use protection... it'll keep the herp away.

seriously though, just push your gym to wash the mats and stuff more often with lysol or bleach.

Bring sanitary alcohol with you and use after all clinch-excercises and padwork, and tell your gym to reinforce hygienic standards.

I always wipe my hands and feet with alcohol when I get home from muay thai. I'm not sure if that will do anything but I figure its a good idea.

wtf get out of that dirty ass gym. wtf?!!?!?

do they clean the mats? do they have a "WASH UR ASS RULE" i mean... who the fuck comes to jj training smelling like ass and using the same work out clothes for a week?

i seen my instructor kick people out of classes cause they stunk so bad with bad hygiene. jj is a sport with alot of contact... why would you come in smelling like ass?

anyways... after practice go home right away. get yourself a big bottle of dial antibacterial hand soap and scrub yourself down with that before you use your regular soap.

this is why i dont like training jj... too much man love, and you can catch some skin infection.

I got ring worm once so I was out for a month.
Gotta keep clean, have clean partners and a clean gym to prevent the funk

I had an infection for like 3 months but now i am 100% fine
it was something realted to the skin i think it is called a molluscum
and i was still practicing Muay Thai

the infection was taken because i did not clean the gloves regularly and because i am taking a medcine increase the precentege of taking any skin disease

I advise you to continuo with M.A and check with skin doctor for further information

hi, you should have posted this to the Grappling Technique forum, because the probability of acquiring ringworm and molluscam is very high in grappling.

It sucks, isn't it, that you love MA, you try to be hygienic but some students don't. I have even had some sparring partners with bleeding knuckles that they don't care if they need to cover the wound up, or some students I grappled with that smelled like bottled fish sauce because they don't shower (obviously) for days before going to the gym. geezh! just hoping I wouldn't get any of those skin diseases...:mad:

I have gotten Scabies before, I had to quit for a month and a half because of it. I can't really point the finger at who gave it to me, but I have my suspicions. I refuse to roll with people who look dirt or have smelly Gis now.

Wasn't sure where to posts this, but I thought I asks since this is my first time catching something like molluscum, and it's been frustrating me, and even making me depress at times to the point it crosses my mind that I should quit martial arts and just get into general health and fitness.

I love martial arts and definately something that's exciting to do cause it can lead to many different paths in life but if its at the costs of catching something then is it really worth it? I mean what else can I expect? herpes? staph?

Anyone here or know anyone experienced a similar situation.

Exact same situation. I got molluscum from grappling all over my arm and it was disgusting and I didn't know wtf it was till I saw my doctor. All I did was buy some wart shit that freezes warts off and I put it on the molluscum, it hurt like a mother fucker but I burned them all off then bandaged it. They never came back.

Back