Any word on Shogun?

Hope he makes a solid return but I fear he is going downhill pretty quickly

somebody here on sherdog said it looked he might have lost some teeth in that frontkick by Gus. I didn't see any sign of that though. Hope he's wrong.

Never heard of this.

Anything other than a drop to 185 is going to be disappointing. He looked like a dwarf against Gus and Jones and his TDD is laughable in that division right now. He's just too small and too far along in his game to be elite at LHW anymore.

At 185 he can be a solid contender and have some really great an interesting fights there and possibly win the belt if Anderson is gone.

Anything other than a drop to 185 is going to be disappointing. He looked like a dwarf against Gus and Jones and his TDD is laughable in that division right now. He's just too small and too far along in his game to be elite at LHW anymore.

At 185 he can be a solid contender and have some really great an interesting fights there and possibly win the belt if Anderson is gone.

why? would silva complain that shogun isn't a big enough name to get a title shot? :redface:

Gus wasent able to keep him down until he got tired..

I dunno what to say for Rua.. as my favorite fighter, he looked in good shape and promising and Gus fucked him up. Was a good fight though. He just needs to keep fighting often and training hard. Doesnt seem likely though, I think he's going to call it quits sooner than we'd like

why? would silva complain that shogun isn't a big enough name to get a title shot? :redface:

No, Silva would finish him in the 3rd round after 2 rounds of clowning him.

He just dropped by to drop off my Christmas presents from him and his family. He said he is already at 110%, his knee is just fine, and then tried to kick the star off the top of my Christmas tree to prove it. The puzzling thing is, is that I only asked him if he wanted something to drink. He just dropped that info out of the clear blue sky.

I think he should drop to 185, he seems to take losses pretty bad.

Chilled with him yesterday, he gets crazy when he drinks, so we all bailed early and headed back to the States for the Holidays.

retirement. can't win the belt at 205 or 185 and takes incredible damage. Better for his health to quit while he is somewhat ahead.

I mentioned the teeth in an earlier thread. Besides him feeling around with his tongue when they announced the win to Gus, look when he stands up just when the fight is over, the first thing he does is to feel around in his mouth with his finger, so he is clearly bothered with the damage the frontkick did. That and him not being at the press conference afterwards makes me think he maybe lost some teeth.

Last edited:
I mentioned the teeth in an earlier thread. Besides him feeling around with his tongue when they announced the win to Gus, look when he stands up just when the fight is over, the first thing he does is to feel around in his mouth with his finger, so he is clearly bothered with the damage the frontkick did. That and him not beeing at the press conference afterwards makes me think he maybe lost some teeth.
Man fuck fox if it was PPV we would defiantly know

i made a gif
2be2j5.gif

compare to
2qwil90.jpg

No, Silva would finish him in the 3rd round after 2 rounds of clowning him.

shogun would take silva down faster and easier than sonnen did, except that with shogun in mount silva wouldn't be running out the clock waiting for the next round, he'd get gnp'd for a tko or subbed.

Word his he is not happy with his loss and will need to come back again.

Back