Any update on the Reneau/Smith scorecard atrocity?

Let me paint the picture for you. Reneau won round 1 no question, dropping Smith and going for a guillotine at the end of the round which looked pretty tight. 10-9 Reneau

Rounds 2 and 3 were toss ups. So calling a Smith win a robbery is a bit of a stretch.

HOWEVER the scorecards Smith won on were 30-27 and 29-28(incorrectly announced as 29-27). TWO judges gave Smith the first round which makes zero sense, it was the easiest round to score ever. It was closer to a 10-8 than a 10-9 for Smith. Clear as day. Literally the only logical explanation is that they got the two fighters mixed up.
Ok thanks bro.

CbxyhRJXIAAQez1.png

I missed it but sounds like yall are saying the only judge who possibly scored correctly is the one who failed at adding :D
Judges = "hmmm, 10+9+9=..." *scratches head*... *points into the ring and shouts in Neanderthal voice* "THAT ONE !!"
Lol, God I wish I knew how to send gives and smileys (appropriate smileys)

I always thought that WMMA should not be in the UFC same as the male FLW division. I guess a 1st grade math level really isn't required for either.

I haven't followed WMMA since it got crammed into the UFC, and haven't followed FLW in the UFC since the inaugural title fight with the math error.

Was this WMMA fight for a title? If not, I wouldn't say it held a candle to MM's gifted belt! Either way Jettison the Women and Manlets from the big leagues where they are out of place.

That fight was an atrocity no matter who gets the W. Should have been a draw.

Have you ever been on a forum in your life?

This is the place to talk about it.

Welcome to the internet.

Sure, but the title of the thread is "any update on the Reneau-Smith scorecard...

And the OP is "Have they said anything regarding this absolute s-show of a scorecard?"

There won't ever be an update, and who's going to say anything about it? By "they" I assume TS means the athletic commission, or Zuffa.

If TS asked people how they scored the fight, then your post would be a good response.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/2...nts-on-evans-smith-vs-reneau-decision-ufc-mma

PAC executive director Greg Sirb:

There wasn’t any controversy," Sirb told MMA Fighting. "Reneau wins the first round. ... The second round was up for grabs, and then the third round [Evans-Smith] won. So it came down to who won that second round. That’s what it came down to... Everybody knew [who was who]," Sirb said. "We talked about it [the decision], and it was straight-up. They said she [Evans-Smith] won most of the [first] round, and Reneau came on strong. [Reneau] threw a flurry, but she [Evans-Smith] blocked everything and then Reneau had her in some type of choke, probably 10 seconds left.

Dude back tracks on his statements. First says Reneau won the first round, then goes back and says AES won the first. Also didn't know what a guillotine choke is, although he might have been extremely busy during the event and didn't see it.

two refs giving the first to Smith has no excuse whatsoever.

Yea I got up and walked away from the TV (needed a beer anyhow) but that scoring was atrocious.

I missed the decision....wow 2 judges gave Smith the first round? Awful. Man!

Back