Any Recommendations For A Boxing Bag At Home?

For me, a punching bag is a universal tool that not only professional athletes can train with.

I’m looking to get a bag I can throw some punches on, and a couple kicks here or there. I’m a pretty big guy so I need a sturdy set up that won’t slide/shift on me if I hit it with a big punch/kick.

I have a wooden rafter I “can” hang a bag from but I’d like to avoid it if I can. And recommendations on either a stand, or a bag designed to stand that won’t move on me for an in home set up?

Really interested to hear your preference for your own set up, and things I should avoid. Thank you.
I see that this is from earlier in year, don’t know if you found something yet?
I have the cornerman stand from century and banana bag.
The design of the cornerman lets you work the bag from different angles and most importantly there’s no bars close to bag to kick, like a conventional heavy bag stand has.

I don’t know if this has been answered above but boxing bags tend to come from the store with just rags inside the zip up top. You can remove the rags and replace with layers of the rags then sand then rags to make the bag heavier. Hope this helps @Zebra Cheeks

I don’t know if this has been answered above but boxing bags tend to come from the store with just rags inside the zip up top. You can remove the rags and replace with layers of the rags then sand then rags to make the bag heavier. Hope this helps @Zebra Cheeks
Sand on bottom is also good for shin conditioning!

Back