Any PS2 emulators that work well ?

Psychedelic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I feel like replaying some PS2 era RPG's like Shadow Hearts Covenant and the Xenosaga games, but my PS2 console's dead.

Any recommended PS2 emulators ? And how well do they work ?

I've been looking for one too.
Tried a few but they weren't stable.

I wonder what the minimum system requirements are for a PS2 emu.

PCSX2 is what you need. You can usually torrent a package online that included the emulator, BIOS and some other things that works well with the emulator. The emulator is a bit outdated with the last official release being last year, but you can try to find the build bot version of it, which is much more recent. I play mine with Dual Shock 4 coupled with DS4Windows software, and it works fantastic. The emulator is a CPU intensive though, and some games can be a bit of a pain to run, like Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence for example. The framerate slowed to a crawl when fighting Fury. But i've played other games that run really well like Shin Megami Tensei 3 Nocturnal.

Pcsx2 and as above mentioned, they tend to be more CPU intensive than GPU. Even the old triple core Athlons would suffice so nowadays it's all pretty decent with some exceptions.

It may also be worth mentioning that some games emulate better from Gamecube than PS2 and vice versa.

Nintendo platforms usually are really easy to emulate. Hell, someone already manage to emulate Wii U to play Mario Kart 8 already. Of course it gonna take one or two years to stabilize the whole thing but when Wii U finally die then we can jump right on and play it on PC.

Back