Any other examples of champions getting dominated like Dominic Cruz vs Cody Garbrandt?

Despite the knockdowns it was still a competitive fight, consensus 48-46.
View attachment 1064608

Jones/Shogun, TJ/Barao, Strickland/Izzy, Izzy/Whittaker, Anderson/Franklin, Usman/Woodley, Nunes vs Cyborg/Pennington/Aldana/Pena 2, GSP/Fitch, Khabib/Conor, & probably a dozen more examples of more 1-sided title fights
48-46 and 49-45 are both very reasonable scores. Cruz wasn't really close to winning though he won some rounds. There was for sure a 10-8 which takes the fight completely out of his reach

This was the most one sided beatdown in UFC title fight history. I lost count how many times Cody dropped Cruz. He completely emasculated him and taunted him while doing it. The closest I can remember is Reyes vs Jones
So you missed GSP vs
Fitch

In case I misread or missed it, how has no one said GSPvsSerra 2? Georges was on a revenge tour in that fight.

This was the most one sided beatdown in UFC title fight history. I lost count how many times Cody dropped Cruz. He completely emasculated him and taunted him while doing it. The closest I can remember is Reyes vs Jones

You haven't watch many fights, I assume.
It wasn't such a beatdown.
Just because Garbrandt did some antics, doesn't mean he won all the rounds.
There are many other title fights where the champion lost badly.

Beyond the UFC, we can't go too long without mentioning this one:

fedor+massacres+nog+from+guard+again.gif

Dillashaw vs Barao 1 is an even better performance, Cruz actually hit Garbrandt quite a few times.

IIRC correctly Cruz turned it up towards the end and won the fifth round quite convincingly

You must not have seen too many title fights then lol.

Cruz literally almost won 3-2. Two of of the rounds were completely one-sided, but outside of those it wasn't one-sided. Cody knew this as well and was looking concerned when him and Cruz were chatting while waiting for the decision.

The scorecards were all over the place outside of 2 rounds. None of them really agreed on anything and it could have easily gone to Cruz.

As for knockdowns, It was 2, bro, or 4 if you count the off balance one and the slips.

And what do you mean about Jones/Reyes? That fight was close as fuck lol.

Back