Any old people?

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by el diablo, Nov 13, 2005.

1. el diablo

el diablo Death Dealer

Damn Im getting to be almost 40, Ive been training all my life and im still in great shape. But motivation is going down hill and its harder to burn fat and recover from all nighters. I hear so much about HGH and DHEA has any one been using them or know if the positives out weigh the good. any recomendations I would apreciate it.

2. Bubble Boy

Bubble Boy Black Belt

I'm 40 and I do judo about 2-3 times a week, run a lot, and hit the weight room. I walk around limping and achey all the time. It just comes with the territory.
    I know this is the supplement forum, but I'm thinking more along the lines of a swedish massage once a week, yoga, hot tubs, ice and heating pads, ibuprofen, and a reasonalbe diet.

:)

3. el diablo

el diablo Death Dealer

Im doing about your schedule right now......exceptthe hot tub. I just wanted to know, they say were going down hill from here. I here mixed reviews on the HGH, IM just wondering if its safe. Id hate to trade a few years to feel younger again for years of fighting cancer or some shit that is a result of HGH.

4. Bubble Boy

Bubble Boy Black Belt

Here's what Andrew Weil says (he's the Santa Claus looking nutritionist on PBS every now and then):

"Resist the temptation to take hormonal "fountains of youth" like growth hormone, DHEA (a male sex hormone), and melatonin... Horomones are powerful bioregulators with very general effects on the body; in most cases, the consequences of long-term supplementation with these substances are not known."

BTW, I don't do all that hot tub, massage stuff right now. I was explaining that those are some things I probably need to start doing. Hey, if Couture does the natural stuff, and fights and looks like he does, that's good enough for me!

5. farmboy

farmboy Banned Banned

Why don't you try staying away from the all-nighters? Leave that stuff to the youngsters.

6. Madmick

Madmick Cerebrage Staff Member Senior Moderator

You might add some glucosamine & chondroitin w/MSM to your regimen. That might help with the aches in your joints. Soreness in your muscles will best be combatted with the ibuprofen, a sufficient amount of protein (especially postworkout, and you might consider a powder like Cytogainer that includes creatine and glutamine), and particularly, hydration and sleep.

7. Hells Herald

Hells Herald Orange Belt

I'm old...damn - time is a cruel bedfellow.