Any hardcore campers?

Thought Criminal

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ive decided to go on a camping trip somewhere in the CA wilderness alone to challenge myself. Thing is, i havent camped in 8 years, and sure as hell not alone. Plus i dont even have a tent.

Whats a good tent to buy ? My tent budget is a 3 person under 100 dollars. Also any tips? I was thinkin of going up to sonora.

Last edited:
e906b42de845af4a7f7012b63c274919.jpg

Log cabin tent

I'm considering buying a yurt to live in full time. That's basically hard core camping.

This is my good buddy in these videos who is what you'd call a "hardcore camper" to put it mildly. These two videos cover some basic information:

Go to target. Tents are not all as exoensive as REI would like you to believe. If you don't require extremely light weight or all weather proof, you can grab a 2 person one at target fr $40.

If you want to go deep into the protected wilderness,you will need to pay attention to portability and compatibility on some things though (food, cooking implements).

A good small lantern ($30 at rei)

Some lightweight hiking clothing (personally. I just wear cargo shorts and a tshirt, but there is better shit)

A fire starting method (zync stick or a lighter)

Compass

An all around knife

Where you going?

Im out quite a bit in the forests of NW montana. As for tents- this time of year- buy the cheapest used tent that has a rain cover. U really don't need anything hardcore or expensive. Its warm in the summer, so u just need protection from the bugs and weather.

How hard core?

Brokeback-Mountain-Production-Stills-movies-31710615-1769-1175.jpg

I'm your huckleberry.

Ive decided to go on a camping trip somewhere in the CA wilderness alone to challenge myself. Thing is, i havent camped in 8 years, and sure as hell not alone. Plus i dont even have a tent.

Whats a good tent to buy ? My tent budget is a 3 person under 100 dollars. Also any tips? I was thinkin of going up to sonora.

Are you thinking the Stanislaus National Forest/Yosemite National Park area?

Back