Any good MMA Sparring gloves in Canada?

dog812

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have been trying to buy some good MMA sparring gloves for me, my team and a few other guys at other gyms. For now I need etleast 4 pairs if the price and quality is right. Than more after that. My gym alone i have 18 students who need gloves..
Right now we train with 16 oz. boxing gloves which really sucks.. But we like to hit each other so our competition gloves arent going to do the trick.
I have been getting prices from a few differnt Glove places and the shipping + Duties + Taxes are outrageous... CSI was $117usd for $230usd worth of stuff!!!!!!!!

There has to be someone distributing some kind of shooto or thick padded MMA glove in Canada????? That is good quality..

Anyone.. please... and a link to the site or emails would be awesome..

Thanks Dog812
[email protected] :D

SSFGEar I am sure could ship to you for a reasonable price. I don't see how 4 pairs of gloves could be $120 Shipping. Is this true Joe?

Dog- I now carry Ounao Shooto gloves which I will add to the site this weekend. I don't charge extra to ship to Canada. Sherdog sells gloves as well and has fast shipping the last time I order from them.

Phenom thanks for the mention.

www.SSFgear.com

dog812 said:
I have been trying to buy some good MMA sparring gloves for me, my team and a few other guys at other gyms. For now I need etleast 4 pairs if the price and quality is right. Than more after that. My gym alone i have 18 students who need gloves..
Right now we train with 16 oz. boxing gloves which really sucks.. But we like to hit each other so our competition gloves arent going to do the trick.
I have been getting prices from a few differnt Glove places and the shipping + Duties + Taxes are outrageous... CSI was $117usd for $230usd worth of stuff!!!!!!!!

There has to be someone distributing some kind of shooto or thick padded MMA glove in Canada????? That is good quality..

Anyone.. please... and a link to the site or emails would be awesome..

Thanks Dog812
[email protected] :D

Did they explain to you why shipping costs that much? If that is going UPS it will take 2-3 business days to get to you it also includes your shipping duties and your taxes all in one lump. So yea sometimes it can be quite pricey. We can ship it for considerably less going first class mail, if we did that it would take 7-10 business days, there wouldnt be a way for us to track it. If it got lost it could take up to 2-3 months to find it. Also you would have to pay your duties and your taxes when it got to your door. So either way you are going to end up paying that much. If you would like if you give me the order number i could get that refigured for you.

I hope I answered all of your questions.

Thanks
Joe M

SSF said:
Dog- I now carry Ounao Shooto gloves which I will add to the site this weekend. I don't charge extra to ship to Canada. Sherdog sells gloves as well and has fast shipping the last time I order from them.

Phenom thanks for the mention.

www.SSFgear.com

Ron if I had known this about 3 months ago I would have bought them from you.

Yeah, i wish that ringside would expand and have a factory in Canada sometime in the future. I tend to wait for my orders to exceed 100 dollars before making one. My first order's shipping of super bag gloves + a skipping rope costed only a few dollars less than my recent order that shipped 2 hoodies, a shirt, slingbag, 2 pairs of handwraps, and a pair of the thunder gel-shock bag gloves. The first class shipping is the best choice in my opinion since many of us Canadian refer to UPS as "the brown devil" since the outrageous brokerage fees usually make a good price a ripoff... shipping via USPS and DHL is pretty much 5 bux + gst on the value of the order. When ordering stuff from the states I rather choose those 2...

I have had deliveries from oversea's and customs have not charged me any tax on top...so maybe it wud be best not to pay duty + tax and hope they forget.

I have had lots of stuff come with no duty or taxes .. but the reason is the company knows how to work the system. They put little to no value for the declaration or put the maximum allowed value before they charge duty... Or just get a distributor in canada. But to each is own..

Some info that i have recieved about duty is:

"You can have what ever shop you buy your gloves from split up the order so that each box is under $55 and you wont get hit with customs taxes and have them ship Global Priority, it's cheaper and there is tracking.
Mention this to CSI or whomever you buy from. Each glove this way should be around $8.50 or so to ship."

Thanks for the info.. You know who you are..

Are you willing to do this for your customers CSI??

i think that'd reduce the duties, but would increase shopping costs. for companies to ship parcels they usually charge a certain fixed price and slowly increases as the size/weight of the package go up. Say shipping 1 pair of boxing gloves cost 15 dollars to canada but shipping 2 pairs only costs 25. you'd still end up paying more for shipping to reduce the chance of getting taxed. I think it pretty much all evens out. When I wanted to order only 2 pairs of handwraps... i recieved a shipping quote of $16 but ordering much more stuff didn't increase the shipping costs all that much.

Well i ordered some gloves from Ron at SSF. He charged a fair price for shipping and knows the system, Says i wont have to pay any duty. Good customer service is awesome.

Back