Any experience buying Fairtex off of Amazon?

warpaulharris

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
So my dog trashed my 12oz Boons that I have used for bag/pad work over the past 3 years. Trying to figure out whether to go Boon again, Top King, or Fairtex. Does anyone have experience buying Fairtex products off of Amazon? I saw some reviews trashing the products, so I was curious if there was an issue with products sold through that vendor. I have 16oz Fairtex that I use for sparring, and I'm pretty happy with those, so I was surprised to see such negative reviews. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Also thinking of going to 10oz for bag/pad work, so any thoughts on that would be great as well. Thanks!

Got a link to the glove you considering with the bad reviews? Generally the Fairtex super sparring glove gets bad reviews (model BGV-5), but most people seem to like the BGV-1. Boon, Top King, and Fairtex are all quality brands, and the Fairtex will fit more like the Boon. The Top Kings are very tight fitting, so unless you have small hands I would avoid those. If you liked your Boons, why not stick with them?

Either way $60 for Fairtex gloves here from a reputable seller than many on this board have used: http://www.karatejoes.com/Fairtex-Training-Gloves_p_12430.html

I bought my BGV-1 from amazon in 16 ounces, white. I am happy with them.

You may have read some of my posts about fairtex, it was the BGV5 that I was unhappy with.

THe BGV-1 I just felt was overhyped and I didnt feel it deserved a A+ review.

The BGV-9 however I really enjoyed. I have never ordered any fairtex through amazon, but i have bought some gear and it turned out just fine.

Nothing wrong with Amazon. I have purchased Twins, Raja etc from Amazon without a single problem.

Fuck Amazon. Avoid them whenever possible.

Amazon is life. I've had Prime for years and love it. Crazy fast free shipping. No hassle returns on anything within 30 days. Heck I get refunded when the UPS guy just picks it up. Sent back used MMA gloves and now this heavy bag I don't like and get 100% refund. And you don't pay taxes. Not gonna lie, I spend more money on Amazon each year than anything else in my life, heck more than my mortgage lol. The only thing I don't use Amazon for is all my food. Almost EVERYTHING else is Amazon, even TP, dish soap, cleaners, ect. I use Schwans for most my food and local stores for the frozen/refrigerated stuff. Rest I usually get on Amazon too! lol

Amazon is life. I've had Prime for years and love it. Crazy fast free shipping. No hassle returns on anything within 30 days. Heck I get refunded when the UPS guy just picks it up. Sent back used MMA gloves and now this heavy bag I don't like and get 100% refund. And you don't pay taxes. Not gonna lie, I spend more money on Amazon each year than anything else in my life, heck more than my mortgage lol.

LOL...Same here :)

Big fan of Amazon Prime

Get the newly redesigned bgv9.

I'm getting a pair.

LOL...Same here :)

Big fan of Amazon Prime

Add me to that list. Amazon is the shit. I even have their Amazon Rewards Chase Visa credit card. I get 3 cents for every dollar I spend on Amazon; 2 cents for every dollar spent at restaurants, drug stores, and gas stations; and 1 cent for every dollar spent anywhere else. With the way I spend, it adds up and ends up paying for my utility bill or something. Hell, just a few weeks ago I used my card to put an extra $2000 on a down payment for a car; that's $20 back right there. The trick too is to use the card for everything -- and I mean everything -- then pay it off immediately before interest kicks in. Won't work if you use payment portals like PayPal or WU though, so I got no cashback on my Top Boxer gloves ;(

Amazon >>>>

Count me in as a big fan of Amazon. Totally spoiled by my Prime membership. I have bought multiple items (like 3 different headgear) knowing that I would be able to return the ones I didn't like or that didn't fit hassle-free.

Please give some information about the newly redesigned BGV9s

Probably better to ask the OP or start as they have these gloves, start has used the old and new versions at this point. I have only used to standard BGV9, not the redesigned ones.

Probably better to ask the OP or start as they have these gloves, start has used the old and new versions at this point. I have only used to standard BGV9, not the redesigned ones.

I updated another thread w/ pics of the BGV9s after having them for about a month now. I'm really liking them for bag/mitt work. I never used the older version of the BGV9, so I can't speak to a direct comparison, but I do have BGV1s that I use for sparring, so I can provide a few comparisons on that.

- Price: the BGV1 is less expensive than the BGV9. I paid $75 for the BGV1 off of MMAHQ, and paid about $105 for the BGV9 (prices include shipping costs). The BGV1 is also just much more readily available from different online vendors--I had to custom order my BGV9s from Thailand, and total time from order to receipt was about 3 weeks.

- Wrist support: the BGV9 is superior in every way. The closure is capable of a much tighter fit around the wrist, and the glove itself just provides more wrist support, which is especially noticeable when throwing hooks/uppercuts.

- Padding: the BGV9s are marketed as "not for sparring," and I'd have to agree with that assessment. The BGV9 padding is quite firm, even after a break-in period. This makes it ideal for throwing hard shots at pads/mitts/bag while still providing excellent hand protection. The BGV1 padding is more squishy (not sure how else to describe it). I use it as a sparring glove, but I also know many on this forum also use the BGV1 as a bag glove.

-Hand compartment: the BGV9 hand compartment is TIGHT! It was pretty uncomfortable for the first couple of sessions. The hand compartment has loosened up with continued use, and now the tight yet comfortable fit adds to the overall protective feeling of the gloves. The BGV1 hand compartment is quite large by comparison. The BGV9 either doesn't have a liner for the hand compartment, or the liner is very well stitched onto the glove, because there's no feeling of excess fabric inside the glove. The BGV1 definitely has a fabric liner, which is somewhat baggy.

Like I said in my other thread, I'm very happy I followed the experience and advice of Ironwolf and Stratocaster in making my bag glove purchase. These forums have been fantastic for reviews and opinions on different products. I also recently purchased the Golden Gear headgear off of MMAHQ due in large part to Stratocaster's thorough written/video review. Let me know if you have any other questions about the BGV9s and I'll do my best to answer them.

I bought them form amazon and everything was great, but in my opinion you can find them cheaper elsewhere. however, you lose in shipping time and amazon is pretty trustable, while others might not be...

conclusion: you can always trust amazon, everything will be delivered properly and in time, but keep in mind that there might be better prices elsewhere.

I bought some BGV1s off amazon recently. The two gloves fit very differently and i returned them.

Some people consider Amazon to be somewhat evil (treats its workers, suppliers and business partners poorly) but it is super convenient.

Overall i prefer to order direct from Thailand but shipping and returning can be more of a hassle. Bought several things from muaythaifighting and muatthaifactory and never had any problems besides that and the custom making of the gear taking awhile.

Back