• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any Europa Universalis IV players in here?

didn't think it was worth making a thread for this, but wondering if anyone had gotten paradox's new sci-fi strategy game Stellaris that released yesterday?

i did pick it up and have played a little bit, so there's still a lot that's a mystery to me, but i'm having a lot of fun with it anyway.

Bought Stellaris and downloaded it, but I've not had the time to sit down and play it yet. Gonna have a go this weekend.
For now I'm still pretty busy playing through every VR game on steam.

Bought Stellaris and downloaded it, but I've not had the time to sit down and play it yet. Gonna have a go this weekend.

Stellaris is much more of a 4X than a grand strategy game IMO, I think that's the reason why Paradox has no issue releasing Hearts of Iron IV next month already. I'm really fascinated by my current Stellaris campaign, but I'm afraid that it will lack the replay value of CK II (574 hours on Steam) and EU IV (283 hours), mostly because there is no historical/fictional background.

Waiting for Hearts of Iron 4 it looks pretty solid and I cant play the older ones anymore the UI just kills me.

You guys are missing out!

Hell, even ISIS are using the EU-spinoffs to announce their unrealistic plans for world domination!
ISIS-territorial-plan.jpg

They failed taking Dagestan and Chechnya. Russia is OP.

I own pretty much all of Paradox's stuff, but I'm more of a Crusdaer Kings man, the Game of Thrones mod for CKII is one of the best games I've ever played.

im looking at hearts ofiron 4 and Stellaris...those look sexual

Been a couple of years since I played this game, but I've gotten back into it quite a bit lately.
Overall it is way less autistic than it used to be, especially with the expansions.
I dont know quite how to feel about this.
Well actually I'm pretty sure I like it overall, but at the same time I'm a bit put off by the way you always have a tool for getting around a problem nowadays. I remember way back in EU2 when the game mechanics were ridiculously quirky and abstract, and you felt like a winner just for prosecuting a war against a 1-province nation without having your own nation fall apart from the inside.
With a bit of patience, you're basically invincible in single player mode in EU4, regardless of starting nation.

Back