Any drop in gyms in and around London with punch bags

DamonATP

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've recently started training in Muay Thai 6 months ago and love it.

Outside class times I'd like to get some extra training in technique wise so am looking for any gyms around London, which have punch & kick bags. Anywhere which is fairly easy going, not clickey and they won't look at me weirdly lol. Places where I can go and just basically get my head down, use the gym and the bags.

I've had a look on the net and found gymbox. They have gyms in Covt Garden, etc but seems to be a bit overly trendy and you have to sign up for a monthly direct debit so wasn't really feeling it.

If anyone has anyone got any suggestions for places to go to, I'd really appreciate it cheers!

I go to Gymbox and don't find it to be particularly trendy. In my experience it's not all that cliquey either but I always go at quiet times (late night or middle of the day.)

The Farringdon branch has quite a few different types of bags in the combat area next to the boxing ring/BJJ mats. Might be worth visiting to take a look around. Membership is a bit steep if you can't get a discount but I'm not sure what full price actually is.

Thanks TTG I did ring up Gymbox, they don't do PAYG really as you still need to sign up for a direct debit. The gyms do like nice though.

I heard from the guys at Crystal Palace gym that they are putting punchbags in at some point soon so hopefully that might be an option.

I'm in South London Bang :)

Back