Any drop in gyms in and around London with punch bags

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by DamonATP, Jan 9, 2015.

1. DamonATP

DamonATP White Belt

Hi all,

I've recently started training in Muay Thai 6 months ago and love it.

Outside class times I'd like to get some extra training in technique wise so am looking for any gyms around London, which have punch & kick bags. Anywhere which is fairly easy going, not clickey and they won't look at me weirdly lol. Places where I can go and just basically get my head down, use the gym and the bags.

I've had a look on the net and found gymbox. They have gyms in Covt Garden, etc but seems to be a bit overly trendy and you have to sign up for a monthly direct debit so wasn't really feeling it.

If anyone has anyone got any suggestions for places to go to, I'd really appreciate it cheers!

2. TTG

TTG White Belt

I go to Gymbox and don't find it to be particularly trendy. In my experience it's not all that cliquey either but I always go at quiet times (late night or middle of the day.)

The Farringdon branch has quite a few different types of bags in the combat area next to the boxing ring/BJJ mats. Might be worth visiting to take a look around. Membership is a bit steep if you can't get a discount but I'm not sure what full price actually is.

3. Bang Rachan

Bang Rachan Brown Belt

Where in London are you?

4. DamonATP

DamonATP White Belt

Thanks TTG I did ring up Gymbox, they don't do PAYG really as you still need to sign up for a direct debit. The gyms do like nice though.

I heard from the guys at Crystal Palace gym that they are putting punchbags in at some point soon so hopefully that might be an option.

I'm in South London Bang :)