Any chance Faber comes back up?

MayhemMonkey22

Orange Belt
Reaction score
If Jose Aldo loses to Edgar, I see Aldo making the move to 155. Which leads me to ask, will that mean Faber will move back up to 145? Where he dominated the WEC for years. He's had per-dominantly mixed reviews at 135 losing both title fights to Cruz and to Barao. I think Faber could be dominant at 145 again....plus, could you imagine the build-up for Edgar/Faber?? It would be epic!!

Hypothetically, say he does come back up, who does he fight first?..I for on, would lobby for Guida/Faber which would be a very fun fight to see.

Thoughts?

If faber moved to 125, 145, 155 or whatever he would get a title shot. Would he win any?

Nope

If Jose Aldo loses to Edgar, I see Aldo making the move to 155. Which leads me to ask, will that mean Faber will move back up to 145? Where he dominated the WEC for years.
Faber dominated the WEC for one year.

to me, faber was more of a marketable guy than a great fighter. he's a good fighter, relatively well rounded, but not an elite champ. he's solid but not great.

Interim belts don't count

No it's for a world title

o0xq1u.jpg

He beats everyone at bantamweight besides Cruz. If Cruz ever moves up, its all his, though I doubt he does. The talent gap between BW and FW is probably the biggest in UFC.

I'd rather watch a toastmasters conference with Nick Diaz as the centerpiece than another 5 round Faber fight.

145 is full of great fighters also he needs to stay at his optimal weight which is 135 and just chip away.I like faber but there's just so much talent.He's perfect size for 135 and for some reason people think time stands still and that things won't change.Things are constantly changing and changing fast the landscape will look very different he needs to just keep improving and doing his thing at 135.

He beats everyone at bantamweight besides Cruz. If Cruz ever moves up, its all his, though I doubt he does. The talent gap between BW and FW is probably the biggest in UFC.

Barao...?

No, Faber is done as a Champ. He's not beating Edgar.

hi-res-6393780_crop_exact.jpg

05-Michael-McDonald-UFC-130-weigh.jpg

Struggles with
Jorgensen-submission.gif

scottjorgensenktfokenstonetuf13finale.gif

Oh, and Edgar beats his ass.

to me, faber was more of a marketable guy than a great fighter. he's a good fighter, relatively well rounded, but not an elite champ. he's solid but not great.

Are you kidding? I'm no Faber fan (comes across as a surfer douche to be honest) but he is easily a top 5 fighter at 135 and 145... maybe even top 3. He would probably be like top 15 at 155 too. That's damn impressive. Faber is definitely elite.

Sorry sir but you are wrong. Not only does he loose to Cruz but he also lost the fight for the interim belt at bantamweight. So even if Cruz did move up he still would not be the champion. Faber believed in to his own hype and that has been his down fall. You never know though he could move up to 185 or 205 and he would get a title shot right away because that

Back