any business owners pay for the Better Business Bureau?

i dont get it i cant read

The company I work for didn't for the longest time but finally did. Even though it doesn't mean shit, it's nice to have "a+ rating with the better business bureau" in any advertisement

it's nice to have "a+ rating with the better business bureau" in any advertisement

I'll throw that on my company website until they notice and call me out on it, then I'll join LOL.

Seriously, they're a racket.

I'll throw that on my company website until they notice and call me out on it, then I'll join LOL.

Seriously, they're a racket.

they want 25 bucks a month. IDK if it is worth it but there has to be a way for a consumer to know if they are getting a good contractor. I am already on Angie's list so I am considering this.

So companies have to pay the BBB?

Doesn't that kind of defeat the point?

it really depends on your business. you have to ask "will my customers call the BBB to find out about me before they buy, or only after they do, to complain?"

they want 25 bucks a month. IDK if it is worth it but there has to be a way for a consumer to know if they are getting a good contractor. I am already on Angie's list so I am considering this.

Do you have an Angie's super service award? Throw it on your website if you do, it will carry more weight than the BBB.

I am just discovering this myself. As it stands now, other than word of mouth, there is no tangible way for a consumer to know what kind of company I have. In that sense it would be nice to have that rating. On the flip side, if someone is complaining that is going to go against my rating as well.

Yeah, but consumers don't know that. It's a marketing expense. Whether or not you do it will depend on the business you are in. If I were a contractor I probably would, due do the large number of contractor related horror stories out there. Anything that will give potential clients piece of mind will help.

Do you have an Angie's super service award? Throw it on your website if you do, it will carry more weight than the BBB.

How do I determine that? I just know that a customer of mine set me up on Angies list. They called me to get some info from me for the site. That is all I know.

How do I determine that? I just know that a customer of mine set me up on Angies list. They called me to get some info from me for the site. That is all I know.

Woah, I just noticed you're in the same city as me. What kind of business are you in? Maybe we can do some networking.

My understanding is after you get a couple of positive reviews on Angie's you will receive a super service award. They are only handed out at the end of each year though. I'm on Angie's but I don't have any reviews. AL works well in some cities and not so well in others. I don't believe ABQ to be a strong market for them, however the AL award will carry weight just because of their strong brand.

Woah, I just noticed you're in the same city as me. What kind of business are you in? Maybe we can do some networking.

My understanding is after you get a couple of positive reviews on Angie's you will receive a super service award. They are only handed out at the end of each year though. I'm on Angie's but I don't have any reviews. AL works well in some cities and not so well in others. I don't believe ABQ to be a strong market for them, however the AL award will carry weight just because of their strong brand.

I can't PM you? Ninja white belt. PM me bro.

I am just discovering this myself. As it stands now, other than word of mouth, there is no tangible way for a consumer to know what kind of company I have. In that sense it would be nice to have that rating. On the flip side, if someone is complaining that is going to go against my rating as well.

Yeah, but consumers don't know that. It's a marketing expense. Whether or not you do it will depend on the business you are in. If I were a contractor I probably would, due do the large number of contractor related horror stories out there. Anything that will give potential clients piece of mind will help.

Now I feel smart for never considering how a company stand with the BBB

first thing a customer says when they are pissed is "I'm calling the better business bureau"

Fry's Electronics on the board of the Better Business Bureau. If you're not familiar with them they're one of the worst retailers in the country and have very bad reputation with customer service. Just to give you an idea of how pointless being a BBB company is? You're paying to have a plaque put in your building to exemplify that you're a legitimate business. Anyone can get into the BBB, just throw money at them. I'm sure at one point it mean something but nowadays it's just antiquated and has been corrupted.

Why bother with Angies list? Don't you have to pay to read those reviews? I get my reviews from kudzu, yelp, and Google

Fry's Electronics on the board of the Better Business Bureau. If you're not familiar with them they're one of the worst retailers in the country and have very bad reputation with customer service. Just to give you an idea of how pointless being a BBB company is? You're paying to have a plaque put in your building to exemplify that you're a legitimate business. Anyone can get into the BBB, just throw money at them. I'm sure at one point it mean something but nowadays it's just antiquated and has been corrupted.

I concur. The BBB is corrupt. I worked for a buddy whose business got an F rating. Even after resolving the complaints directly with the customers the rating still remains. Can't change it until my buddy ponies up the cash. Their system is setup to game all businesses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back