Any boxing stances that favor mixing with Muay Thai

When you are boxing learn about boxing and what makes it work. When you are learning about MT do MT. That to me is the great mistake of MMA, people are so often trying to go and mix 2 or three arts together _before_ they have even bothered how to do one of them correctly. Once you understand how box like a boxer, roll like a BJJer and do MT like a "Thai", then you can start mixing them together and get something truly dangerous.

I figured as much. I was hoping for a more detailed response...or more over a specific experience.

I go from a grappler's stance to a boxers stance to a MMA stance to a Panantukin stance to a kick-boxers stance, to a Gung Fan stance. Now I'm starting up capoeira. I tell you what? I don't even know anymore.

I figured as much. I was hoping for a more detailed response...or more over a specific experience.

That is my actual experience, both in coaching and practicing. Once you understand _why_ boxers stand and move as they do and _why_ a particular boxing stance/style works for you, then you can start to adapt your MT to it or once you really understand why you do certain things in MT you can start to bring your boxing over to MT.

I can say thought that avoid boxing's crouched stance is a good idea, it has terrible features for crossing with MT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back