Anthony Smith has one round of cardio to work with

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
This dude looked amazing in the first round, then completely fell apart. The other guy was robbed of a decision imo, Anthony is lucky to walk out of there with a win. How the hell does that happen, the guy looks like he is in amazing shape but he just died after the first round. The skillset he showed in the first was very impressive, if he can improve his cardio he could be a very good fighter.

He was doing just fine until he got blasted late in the second.

That near KO has more to do with it then his cardio.

He took the fight on less than a week's notice. That's why he gassed so quick.

This dude looked amazing in the first round, then completely fell apart. The other guy was robbed of a decision imo, Anthony is lucky to walk out of there with a win. How the hell does that happen, the guy looks like he is in amazing shape but he just died after the first round. The skillset he showed in the first was very impressive, if he can improve his cardio he could be a very good fighter.
He got hurt at the end of both rounds 1 and 2 .
Between rounds 2 and 3 he looked a little vacant and dazed as his corner gave him instructions.

However he definitely won rounds 1 and 2 and then toughed out round three . ( both men were tired) So 29- 28 was the correct score . Although the last could have easily been scored a 10- 8 to the Brazilian.

So perhaps a draw would have been a fair result . However although I like you was cheering on his opponent , Smith losing the fight would have been a robbery IMO.

Last edited:
another bad decision.
judges in mma (mostly ufc) are literally destroying fighter's careers.
i think it's time to have judges' classes like referees already have.

Last edited:
Must not be training right

Needs to be at a better camp. Disorderly Conduct is a shit gym.

I'm really disgusted with the 10 point must system. It's like dating a gorgeous woman and then finding out she's retarded. MMA is great and it's fun and exciting but the judging and the rules ruin it

another bad decision.
judges in mma (mostly ufc) are literally destroying fighter's careers.
i think it's time to have judges' classes like referees already have.

Its not Pride scoring. Anthony clearly won the first and second round. There's no question.

Its not Pride scoring. Anthony clearly won the first and second round. There's no question.

in my opinion he lost the second round.
Jones won the 4th versus Gus basically with only a good elbow.

P.S.
i'm a judge in 10 pms mma events, i know a little about what i'm saying.

He'd only got back home about two weeks prior from training over in Dublin on top of that. The Brazilian guy did well to come back. Thought he just about won it.

I don't understand how anyone could possibly scored rounds 1 or 2 for Leonardo He spent most of both rounds backed up against the cage, on his back or staring at Anthony. He did rock him a few times in between getting tagged, laying on his back or being backed up against the cage.

Jones won the 4th versus Gus basically with only a good elbow.

P.S.
Yea cause judges are so fucking great these days...

P.S.
You're a judge at mma events and thought Guimaraes won the second round ??? You want to get to SpecSavers sharpish .

He won 2 rounds. He wins the fight. No controversy at all.

"God damn this round based scoring system! If a guy punches the other guy in the face a few times he deserves to win! Derp!"

He took this on short notice and also was rocked. These things happen.

Not sure I would call it, "toughing it out" for round 3. He hung on for dear life towards the end by wrapping up the Brazilian in some weird positions nullifying any head shots other than that he did nothing.

Although I had him winning 1 & 2, I wouldn't have been upset to see the Brazilian win after Smith's R3 performance.

Yea cause judges are so fucking great these days...

Hey hey, i didn't say i'm better at judging than everyone here.
I just replied to the guy who pointed out that this isn't Pride scoring.
i know how 10 pms works, otherwise Impera FC (you can google it) 'd not have called me.

Back