Anthony pettis walk around weight ?

walk around weights and rankings discussions are just all around terrible.

who the fuck cares.

I just started a thread about the topic the other day.

It was 175-178 when he was at LW.

He's adjusted for his impending cut to 145, and now walks around at 168.

That came from the man himself.

He said he doesn't cut weight when fighting at 155, but im sure he LOSES like 5 pounds.

He said he doesn't cut weight when fighting at 155, but im sure he LOSES like 5 pounds.

He said he cuts a few pounds, and he meant a water cut, after an extensive diet. He just clarified in a most recent interview that for LW he walked around at 175-178 and trained at 170. For FW he's now walking around at 168 and plans to be 160 when training camp starts.

As far as what his cage weight was and will be, that's a different issue from both walkaround weight and where he cuts water from. The last cage weight that he disclosed as far as I know, was for the Lauzon fight, when he was 167. He was probably around 165 for the Cerrone fight, after getting a few big meals in him and super-hydration, but that # is speculation. I imagine for the Aldo fight he'll cut a little more water, and diet a little more beforehand, to make up the 11 lbs. So his cage weight shouldn't be quite as big as it was at LW, but the discrepancy between class weight and cage weight should be larger. I'm guessing he'll be 160 to low 160's.

Back