• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*** Anthony Joshua vs. Francis Ngannou Aftermath Discussion MEGA THREAD ***

That's not good
AJ loaded up the last one because Francis was essentially out on his feet. I mean he was just standing there watching the fist come at him. I've never seen a punch that hard in all combat sports. Made me think of the windup Hendo did on Bisping

Frank fumbled his consciousness

I wish Mayweather would of done that to Conor
It's spelt "would have" and it's "Connor" not "Conor". You should wish for spelling lessons instead.

it's "Connor" not "Conor".
No. It's Conor, with only one "N".

No. It's Conor, with only one "N".

Still would have not would of.

And I obviously meant the clothing store :cool:

If Ngannou would have the guts to face a power puncher after this... would be a great test for Jake, after already beating legends like Silva, Diaz and Woodley. I think Jake would be too fast and powerful for Francis.
Oh shit, TS. You accidentally misspelled love.

Better edit that, Jake almost paid the price for making that same mistake:

HIS GLOVES WERE LOADED HIS EXCELLENCY EVEN SAID IT ONLY WAY BEAT NGANNOU LOADED GLOVES FUCK THAT

To me that KO looked like Chuck vs Rashad, or something of that magnitude. That was a nasty KO. I never expect Francis to be the same again.

Ngannou has almost a hundred pounds of functional weight on Paul, who's a bloated light heavyweight by boxing standards.

Frank needs at least 20 more years of experience before he's ready to take on the likes of Jake Paul

How do you just eat a straight like that, no setup or anything, why was he just standing there in front of him, I'm not some great boxer, but still
Because he had brain damage from the first two KD's and had already lost any and all piano lessons he's ever acquired. The ref should have waved it off after the second but wanted to murder Francis for daring to think he could box

AJ loaded up the last one because Francis was essentially out on his feet. I mean he was just standing there watching the fist come at him. I've never seen a punch that hard in all combat sports. Made me think of the windup Hendo did on Bisping
Hardest right hand landed this era of boxing for sure.

So it was a mirage afterall.

Congrats to Anthony Joshua with a devastating, one sided victory over Ngannou. He easily exploited Ngannou weaknesses. Ngannou was plodding around and sloppy looking not sharp at all. While Joshua was very sharp, his punches looked crisp on to the point obviously. I don't think Ngannou can do well against not only the top 10, with even top 20 best HW boxers. He just doesn't have the sharpness and the quickness of his punches, he's too predictable. His fight with Fury was anomaly indeed. I'd be surprised if he goes back to fighting in boxing. That's if someone offers him millions, but I doubt that even.

Although saying that, Ngannou should hold his head up high. Because he accomplished his dreams of being a professional boxer. Good on him. But I suggest to stay with MMA now and just fight for the belt in PFL.

Back