Anthony Joshua new heavyweight star?

White Belt
Reaction score
Anthony Joshua confirmed the ambitions before the appointed time winning over a next rival Video

Will he become a new star?

I'm not sold yet. He is a strong and powerful guy but he's way too bulky and there's still the question whether he can take a good shot. It takes more than being a big puncher in the heavyweight division. I don't believe he'll be a top heavyweight because there are plenty of heavyweights at this point that would probably beat him.

confirmed the ambitions before the appointed time winning over a next rival

Well, I'm guessing English isn't your first language? I'd say he could well be, he seems to have all the tools but lets see him against some proper competition before we crown him the new King.

I think Deontay Wilder is a better prospect for title of "New Heavyweight Star".

Joshua could be the next heavyweight champion, but like other modern heavyweight, he comes from wrong amateur rules.
Now, with contemporary amateur rules set (since june 2013) we can have good champions in about 10 years.

I dont see how he doesnt make world champion, but if he will be THE guy to fill the power vacuum after Klitschko retires, remains to be seen.

Fury and Joshua need to fight, perhaps next summer. The fight would be huge in Britain. We'll see what Joshua is made of then.

Hes going to get David Priced once he fights a washed up American. UK boxing talent isnt there yet

I'm not sold yet. He is a strong and powerful guy but he's way too bulky and there's still the question whether he can take a good shot. It takes more than being a big puncher in the heavyweight division. I don't believe he'll be a top heavyweight because there are plenty of heavyweights at this point that would probably beat him.

You what? He took bombs from two of the biggest hitters in amateur boxing. He has a good chin.

One thing I saw was he got caught pretty easy when Legg swarmed him. Obviously still a work in progress but my only question would be his stamina. He's a very solid lump so I wonder what his gas tank is like.

Fury and Joshua need to fight, perhaps next summer. The fight would be huge in Britain. We'll see what Joshua is made of then.

:icon_lol: this is ridiculous.

Why would either fighter want this fight?? To Fury he'd be fighting a dangerous but inexperienced nobody when he is eyeing up world title fights. And for Joshua who seems a smart kid he won't be rushing into fighting a 22 fight veteran when he's only had 6 fights.

Hes going to get David Priced once he fights a washed up American. UK boxing talent isnt there yet

I doubt it. Price had no chin in the amatuers either. Joshua has a very decent looking chin by contrast.

White British boxers are better than white American boxers though. And Stiverne is number 1 in US right now and he would get done by Haye and Fury, maybe even Price if he lands first.

Big Puncher, Marketable look , he's young enough to get better if they don't rush him . The next question is how he would look in a longer fight , because even for a HW you can't knock every body out.

:icon_lol: this is ridiculous.

Why would either fighter want this fight?? To Fury he'd be fighting a dangerous but inexperienced nobody when he is eyeing up world title fights. And for Joshua who seems a smart kid he won't be rushing into fighting a 22 fight veteran when he's only had 6 fights.

Why would either fighter want the fight? Money and prestige. Fury makes it seem like he is afraid of no one and taking out Joshua would make him the heavyweight star of British boxing. Well, that is to say if Fury beats Chisora. The fight between Fury and Joshua would be huge money wise and would be the battle of the British heavyweights. Joshua has more to lose than Fury because they're building up Joshua as the next Frank Bruno or Lennox Lewis.

Why would either fighter want the fight? Money and prestige. Fury makes it seem like he is afraid of no one and taking out Joshua would make him the heavyweight star of British boxing. Well, that is to say if Fury beats Chisora. The fight between Fury and Joshua would be huge money wise and would be the battle of the British heavyweights. Joshua has more to lose than Fury because they're building up Joshua as the next Frank Bruno or Lennox Lewis.

Are you retarded? Joshua has had 6 fights as a pro but you want to feed him to Fury who if he beats Chisora is probably in the shout for a world title. lol

It wouldn't be huge money wise because Joshua is not a big draw by a long stretch. Did you even watch the fight? The arena was practically empty when he fought so the money argument is also stupid.

He's fighting Matt Skelton next which is a nice step up at this stage in his career and it's not an easy fight but there is no way he is ready for Fury and no way he'll get a fight of that stature when he hasn't even had double digit pro fights.

Yeah fight makes perfect sense :rolleyes:

Yeah, no. Joshua is really raw and won't be ready for Fury next year.

Nice try, though.

Possibly. But Wilder will also get stopped once he steps up to fight the World Heavyweight Champion. American heavyweight talent just isn't there yet.

Back