• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anthony Bourdain is a Coward

People have the fundamental right to end their existence at any time they see fit.

It is the ultimate self service, or selfishness. But that's it.

It's still their right to do.

This pessimistic view of live and this attitude of "once you get depressed, there is nothing to can do to not kill yourself" is exactly why suicides are up 33%. You guys are giving passes to people who selfishly end their own lives. And Fuck outta here with this "You don't understand depression" bullshit, A friend of mines had 70% of his body burned in war and lost his limbs. He continues to live his life to the fullest and refuses to admit to the "woe is me" mentality. You guys are simply pussies.

Don't know what he was going through in the moment, so it would be unfair to judge. He might have had a complete mental breakdown, and snapped.

The brain is a complex organ. The cheese can slip off of anyone's cracker at any moment.

This pessimistic view of live and this attitude of "once you get depressed, there is nothing to can do to not kill yourself" is exactly why suicides are up 33%. You guys are giving passes to people who selfishly end their own lives. And Fuck outta here with this "You don't understand depression" bullshit, A friend of mines had 70% of his body burned in war and lost his limbs. He continues to live his life to the fullest and refuses to admit to the "woe is me" mentality. You guys are simply pussies.

I congratulate your friend on surviving. You still don't appreciate what it is to be depressed or suicidal.

Lived with it since seventh grade

Suicide is for cowards

I guess you're just stronger than most people with these afflictions.
Are you on any meds or in counseling?

The brain is a complex organ. The cheese can slip off of anyone's cracker at any moment.

Do you think in a society where everyone is super excepting of it is likely to have more or less suicide ?

I wonder what the suicide rates look like at the moment do you know ?

Tldw.

Unless you've experienced depression and suicidal ideation, you can fuck off.

@abiG, you are demented bringing a completely irrelevant issue into this thread.

I am an expert on depression considering how many people I've depressed in my life.

suicide is on the rise and it's not because clinical depression is worse today then in the past.

I am an expert on depression considering how many people I've depressed in my life.

suicide is on the rise and it's not because clinical depression is worse today then in the past.
Why do you think this?

I do think suicide when you have a child under 18 is extremely selfish.

And in his situation, it appears the final straw were pictures of his girlfriend with another man. That is a pretty weak reason to end it.

People also don't mention that his best bud Eric Ripert found him in his hotel room.

If you have ever seen Eric on TV the man is a gem and really loved Tony. Must be tearing him apart on the inside. Eric is known as an incredible person who never speaks a bad word about anyone. Unfortunately he had to find his friend like that.

Rupert was in the documentary about Philadelphia culinary legend Georges Perrier.

Unfortunately I didn't get into the good food scene until after Le Bec Fine closed.

I've been to 2 of his proteges restaurants, Nicholas Elmi's Laurel and Pierre Calmel's Bibou. Both were amazing.

You don't know what it is like to somebody else. Shut up.

I congratulate your friend on surviving. You still don't appreciate what it is to be depressed or suicidal.

I know many vets who fought in a actual war, many of them commit suicide because they can't handle what they did, what they've seen, and who've they lost. So sorry if I don't have any sympy for a multi-millionaire with a fly ass life who decided to end all, along with a bunch of weak minded cowards who think 60 is a good age to off themselves because 'muh depression'.

If you think 60 is a good age to die, you have an absolutely pathetic outlook on life and likely have no kids or family to even make a statement like that.

It's better than clinging on 20 too many years as a shriveled up, demented, living corpse, to the point where you've been forgotten by anybody who may have ever cared about you. If your death is not mourned, your death is without a purpose. The experience of a loss is as important for the growth of children as the sense of possession.

If you've raise your kids well enough, they'll survive without you. If they don't, then well, maybe you shouldn't have made them so dependent on you.

A father is not a mother. It's nice to have a "father figure" around, but our species has been quite capable of surviving and striving, despite most fathers dying between the ages of 20 to 30. To live to 60+ is a privilege.

He's 100% right.

Stop making excuses for people with good lives and families that commit suicide. The celebration of Nihilism is only making matters worse.

This is very superficial. You have no idea the mental state of another. You have no idea what he felt like. Not one second in his body. Not everything can be solved with money and women.

I do think suicide when you have a child under 18 is extremely selfish.

And in his situation, it appears the final straw were pictures of his girlfriend with another man. That is a pretty weak reason to end it.
I agree that it is an act of extreme selfishness.

Even if they are pussies, what's wrong with someone taking their life?....If your an old man or somebody who simply doesn't want to live, you have the right to take your life.......and if you get mad at that fact, you're a fucking pussy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now when they have kids and shit, I understand the anger of other people...or the family members of said person, specially if they depend on em....However people have the rights to be pussies and kill selves.

You gotta be a bigger pussy to hate someone who killed themselves that has nothing to do with you IMO

Serial question, not a troll

How many people who sympathize with those who commit are atheist?

Back