Another UFC Hall Of Fame thread

KingKellerman

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Who would you put in the UFC hall of fame based solely on what they've accomplished to this point.
My choices are:
BJ PENN
DON FRYE
PAT MILETICH
FORREST
FRANKLIN
SHAMROCK

On The Bubble:
RASHAD
HENDO
SYLVIA
MIR
SYLVIA
EDGAR
ALDO
JONES

Andy-Obvious
GSP-Obvious
Forrest-TUF 1 winner, Bonnar/Griffin I, Former LHW champ
Rich-Should be a shoe in imo
Mir-former hw, and interim hw champ.
Edgar-Should be a shoe in imo
BJ-Obvious

really

timmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

tim-sylvia-scooter.jpg

personally think the HoF should be reserved for retired fighters only. Obviously the UFC has never stuck to that model but at that stage the sport and the UFC where very young and to have a hall of fame with anyone in it they were going to have to induct a few active fighters. Most retired shortly after their induction if not before. On that basis niether GSP or Anderson should be HoF yet. At the very least the inductee should be winding down his career and since AS supposedly just signed a 10 fight contract (which I'm not sure is true and doubt he would fulfill it even if it was) and GSP is right in the middle of his prime i don't think either should be in the HoF

BJ PENN - yes
DON FRYE - no
PAT MILETICH - no
FORREST - yes
FRANKLIN - no
SHAMROCK - yes
RASHAD - no
HENDO - no
SYLVIA - no
MIR - yes
SYLVIA - no ( again )
EDGAR - no
ALDO - yes
JONES - yes

Plus:
GSP - yes
Anderson Silva - yes

These are my thoughts

It would only make sense to have a MMA hall of fame, and not a UFC HOF. They should pick a group of writers like the baseball one and select some every other year.

They should put that guy who invented TapOuT in

Last edited:
BJ PENN - yes
DON FRYE - no
PAT MILETICH - no
FORREST - yes
FRANKLIN - no
SHAMROCK - yes
RASHAD - no
HENDO - no
SYLVIA - no
MIR - yes
SYLVIA - no ( again )
EDGAR - no
ALDO - yes
JONES - yes

Plus:
GSP - yes
Anderson Silva - yes

These are my thoughts

Disagree on frye, franklin, aldo, and jones. I think eventually aldo and jones will warrent consideration but if they retired tomorrow they would not deserve to be in. Otherwise you would have to consider guys like Lesnar.

Disagree on frye, franklin, aldo, and jones. I think eventually aldo and jones will warrent consideration but if they retired tomorrow they would not deserve to be in. Otherwise you would have to consider guys like Lesnar.

Don Frye in the UFC hall of fame?
Why?

Who would you put in the UFC hall of fame based solely on what they've accomplished to this point.
My choices are:
BJ PENN
DON FRYE
PAT MILETICH
FORREST
FRANKLIN
SHAMROCK

On The Bubble:
RASHAD
HENDO
SYLVIA
MIR
SYLVIA
EDGAR
ALDO
JONES

Most of these look good.

My choices are:
BJ PENN
DON FRYE
PAT MILETICH
FORREST
FRANKLIN
SHAMROCK

On The Bubble:
RASHAD
HENDO
SYLVIA
MIR
SYLVIA
EDGAR
ALDO
JONES

I agree for the most part except a couple guys...

Don Frye... If it was an MMA hall of fame I'd say he's in no prob but a lot of his best fights and wins were outside the UFC so he might not get in.

I'd as say Hendo is in for sure, not on the bubble.

I'd say Rashad, Aldo, Edgar and Jones are all well on their way to being in the HOF but I don't like to evaluate guys that still a long way off from retirement.

Are you talking about Frank Shamrock or Ken? I assume Frank because I'm pretty sure that Ken is already in. Frank is in the same situation as Don Frye... if it was an MMA HOF he's in no prob but a lot of his best fights/wins were outside the UFC. Out of his 35 career fights only 5 were in the UFC... He was the first LHW champ though.

My choices are:
BJ PENN
DON FRYE
PAT MILETICH
FORREST
FRANKLIN
SHAMROCK

On The Bubble:
RASHAD
HENDO
SYLVIA
MIR
SYLVIA
EDGAR
ALDO
JONES

I'd give Penn the nod for holding titles in two different weight classes. But his recent losses have somewhat tarnished his legacy.

Frye would probably miss the cut, although I wouldn' write him off as quickly as some others here have. He won two tournaments in the UFC - UFC 8 and Ultimate Ultimate '96, and did so pretty impressively. He also had the fastest KO record hold up for quite awhile.

Miletich definitely, I've called for it several times in the past. He wasn't the most exciting fighter, but he was the first ever WW champ, defended several times, had one of the first great training teams, and did a lot to promote the sport in the early days to get it sanctioned in different states.

Forrest. I guess, for the attention he helped bring to the sport with TUF 1. Does that mean Bonnar gets in too though? Forrest at least wont he title I suppose.

Franklin - No. Why? He held the title and had some good fights, but so did a lot of guys.

Shamrock - I assume you mean Frank, as Ken is already in there. I'd give Frank the nod. First LHW champ, never beaten in the UFC.

Th rest of the guys on your bubble... I don't know. GSP and Anderson will be shoe-ins, and I expect Jones will be too, probably Aldo.

Sorry for the blatantly obvious omissions like GSP and Silva I'm at work and I rushed it. They were so obvious I forgot them. Also on the bubble omissions i forgot were Brock and Jens. As for Don Frye I stand by that pick and not just because he was one of my top 5 favorites of all time. If The Beast and The Hammer are in then the Predator deserves a spot right beside them for holding the fastest KO at one time and dominating 2 tournaments as well as being the first fighter to bring the hybrid boxer wrestler style that's utilized so often today. Thanks for the input everybody

I'd give Penn the nod for holding titles in two different weight classes. But his recent losses have somewhat tarnished his legacy.

Frye would probably miss the cut, although I wouldn' write him off as quickly as some others here have. He won two tournaments in the UFC - UFC 8 and Ultimate Ultimate '96, and did so pretty impressively. He also had the fastest KO record hold up for quite awhile.

Miletich definitely, I've called for it several times in the past. He wasn't the most exciting fighter, but he was the first ever WW champ, defended several times, had one of the first great training teams, and did a lot to promote the sport in the early days to get it sanctioned in different states.

Forrest. I guess, for the attention he helped bring to the sport with TUF 1. Does that mean Bonnar gets in too though? Forrest at least wont he title I suppose.

Franklin - No. Why? He held the title and had some good fights, but so did a lot of guys.

Shamrock - I assume you mean Frank, as Ken is already in there. I'd give Frank the nod. First LHW champ, never beaten in the UFC.

Th rest of the guys on your bubble... I don't know. GSP and Anderson will be shoe-ins, and I expect Jones will be too, probably Aldo.

Forrest should get in imo, Won the ultimate fighter 1. Had the epic fight with Bonnar that is now a classic fight and helped the explosion of the UFC. Won 10 times in the UFC, fought 15 times and won the belt as a huge under dog.

Bonnar however doesn't really make a strong case, except for his battle with Forrest.

Don Frye without a doubt deserves to be in the UFC HoF..

I'd also put guys like Evan Tanner, BJ Penn, Rich Franklin, and Chris Lytle.

My choices are:
BJ PENN
DON FRYE
PAT MILETICH
FORREST
FRANKLIN
SHAMROCK

On The Bubble:
RASHAD
HENDO
SYLVIA
MIR