Another MMA Fighter Killed By A Driver...

NandoMoura

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Kurbanmedov-640x427.jpg

Earlier this week, news broke that UFC veteran Rodrigo de Lima had been killed by an Uber driver after an altercation in Belem, Brazil. Uber correctly fired the driver as he remained a suspect at large in the heinous crime.

Unfortunately, another similar incident has taken place in Moscow. According to Bloody Elbow, former boxer and MMA fighter Bayli Kurbanmedov was killed in an accident with 19-year-old Nikolai Lyachenkov. Lyachenkov was allegedly drunk at the time of the accident and drove his Mercedes into Kurbanmedov’s car at alleged speeds of over 100 km/hr.

Kurbanmedov had recently retired from fighting in order to join the Federal Penitentiary Service. Before the accident, he was out celebrating that new job with friends.

Lyachenkov is the grandson of the former Vice President of automobile company AvtoVAZ, Nikolai Lyachenkov. He refused a medical examination at the scene and was detained by police as a result.

https://www.lowkickmma.com/former-mma-fighter-killed-by-drunk-driver-in-russia/

you're a little late to the party here.

also, brazil.

edit: my bad, was thinking this was about that rodrigo de lima dude.

Last edited:
Anyone who drives drunk is literally saying, "Fuck everyone else's safety, I ain't taking a cab!" I know other places are much harsher, but I frequently hear of people getting their sixth, seventh, or more DUI. Put their dumb asses away until they learn some sense.
Full disclosure: when I was dating my wife, we had a run in with a drunk driver. Totalled my car, dislocated her elbow. It could have been much worse, we had two children in the car. Drunk got 6 months. The sheriff's deputy told me they weren't even sure he'd ever had a driver's license. How long do you think it took him to be out driving drunk again after his six months were up?

Anyone who drives drunk is literally saying, "Fuck everyone else's safety, I ain't taking a cab!" I know other places are much harsher, but I frequently hear of people getting their sixth, seventh, or more DUI. Put their dumb asses away until they learn some sense.
Full disclosure: when I was dating my wife, we had a run in with a drunk driver. Totalled my car, dislocated her elbow. It could have been much worse, we had two children in the car. Drunk got 6 months. The sheriff's deputy told me they weren't even sure he'd ever had a driver's license. How long do you think it took him to be out driving drunk again after his six months were up?
That night he got out probably. I have a good friend who's in #4 and still gets fucked up and drives. We all hate it and have talked to him about it many times but he wont listen. I got a DUI when I was 19, 15 years ago and haven't drove after more than 2 beers since then.

calm down, was just telling him he was a little late, it's not like i shit on him for making the thread.

Dude, people died, and you are memeing and joking around. Get some help. Have some respect.

That's horrible , ive been to a couple of business mixers where a couple of guys were bragging about there multiple dui

Sucks that there are people who could care less about another human life

The drunk driver the piece of shit
<CanYouSeeMeNow><CanYouSeeMeNow>

RIP, hopefully he’s in a better place

Hate deaths like this, so needless, so unavoidable, so sad

I agree.

The legal system has poor multiplicative penalty resolution for multiple, simultaneous infractions. If you're driving without a license, it's not too bad. If you're driving drunk and get into an accident, it's a few months in jail. But then driving without a license AND drunk driving at the same time is only 6 months? That should be 5 years in prison.

So I should take Lyft when I visit Brazil and Russia?

That night he got out probably. I have a good friend who's in #4 and still gets fucked up and drives. We all hate it and have talked to him about it many times but he wont listen. I got a DUI when I was 19, 15 years ago and haven't drove after more than 2 beers since then.

Here's hoping you can get through to your friend before something bad happens.

<JagsKiddingMe>

you guys need to calm down, i wasn't even being a piece of shit or joking around i was just letting TS know that most of us already knew, christ lol.

but you said 'Brazil' so I think you were talking about a different story anyway (Rodrigo de Lima). This was in Russia involving a different fighter. I doubt most people knew about it.
You didn't even read the original post, just thought you'd try to be a wiseguy...

but you said 'Brazil' so I think you were talking about a different story anyway (Rodrigo de Lima). This was in Russia involving a different fighter. I doubt most people knew about it.
You didn't even read the original post, just thought you'd try to be a wiseguy...
oh yeah i was talking about a different one, i admit i skimmed the original post and just saw the name Rodrigo De Lima.

my bad.

Here's hoping you can get through to your friend before something bad happens.
Hes been in 2 accidents but thankfully he crashed his truck alone and didnt get hurt. Youd think once would be enough bc that's what happened to me. I crashed and realized how dangerous and badly I fucked up and never wanted to experience that again.

Back