another gi question thread

bragglefraggle

Purple Belt
Reaction score
what are a few brands that are good for big guys
im 6' 200-210 depends on the weeks diet.
under 160$

thank you! :D

All of them should be good for you.
Its the 6' 160 or the 6' 240 that has problems

i heard keiko raca was slim fit, i am not slim. should i not order it?

I use a Vulkan UltraLight, but its closer to $200, my Live Love Fight kimono was $99 and I use it more than the Vulkan, but I do like the Vulkan more. I just ordered an OTM XLC240 in white, it hasnt come in, but that is the lightest gi on the market today, its only $110.....

The Gi I really want is an Ouano Premium Competition gi, in white its $140, blue $150 and black is $160, its only 3lbs total for the A1, I'm an A2, I think you are an A3... All the gi's I mentioned are really good.

I use a Vulkan UltraLight, but its closer to $200, my Live Love Fight kimono was $99 and I use it more than the Vulkan, but I do like the Vulkan more. I just ordered an OTM XLC240 in white, it hasnt come in, but that is the lightest gi on the market today, its only $110.....

The Gi I really want is an Ouano Premium Competition gi, in white its $140, blue $150 and black is $160, its only 3lbs total for the A1, I'm an A2, I think you are an A3... All the gi's I mentioned are really good.

How about posting some pics of the LLF gi? The Ouano is really nice, have it in white and its one of my faves, been contemplating get a blue. I also want to try the OTM XLC, but going to hold out for blue

For the OP, another of my favorite gi's is the Gameness feather, great all around gi with excellent ripstop pants

How about posting some pics of the LLF gi? The Ouano is really nice, have it in white and its one of my faves, been contemplating get a blue. I also want to try the OTM XLC, but going to hold out for blue

For the OP, another of my favorite gi's is the Gameness feather, great all around gi with excellent ripstop pants

I've tried to get those pics of the LLF up but I can't seem to figure it out.... I couldnt wait for the blue OTM XLC240, I really want that black Ouano... We'll see...

im contemplating getting the blue ouano, i dont want to wait for the shoyoroll. its a little flashy but not crazy so i like it

any and all last second suggestions? i really dont want to dish out 180 for a gi

anyone know about the shrinkage of the new ouano gis?

Normal amount of shrinkage. I got an A4 and am 6'0 about 220lbs. After a hot wash and some time in the dryer, the jacket lays a little past my butt and it closes up nicely. I had to get the sleeves tailored though since they were a little longer than I am comfortable with and I did not want to risk shrinking too much. As for the pants, the ripstop material is a little harder to shrink, after a few hot washes and dryer cycles they were still on the long side. Also had to get them tailored for a perfect fit.

Back