another donation drive

agore

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Here at the highschool I teach at Sam Houston in Houston is one of the poorest schools in the nation and at one point was described as a "drop out factory" by john hopkins university because over 40% of students dropped out. I just got the go ahead to start an afterschool jiujitsu program and im trying to get about 15 gis of all sizes for the students who are participating. The program is funded through the no child left behind act, but the actual funding is very little.
If anyone is interested in donating an old gi or is interested in buying a new hsu gi at wholesale (25$) or even donating a little to the program so I can get them gis let me know. If you are looking for a way to get a tax write off, I can even get the paperwork needed to document your donations. Im not trying to scam anyone, if you would like to contact the school to learn about the program the number is 713-696-0200 and is through a program called the 21st century program and they can give any info you want about it. Im hoping to do something positive through jiujitsu and if anyone wants to email me feel free at [email protected].
Also, if anyone is in the north houston area and isn't brand new to BJJ and wouldn't mind donating some time with the kids let me know just email me.

well if no ones interested in even giving me ideas ill delete the post by the end of the week.
Its a way for bjj to do something positive for these kids

Fundraisers, get out to your local gyms and ask for some time from instructors at a possibly discounted rate etc.

Get with the local colleges who have grappling clubs - find some college students in the grappling club who are education majors - might benefit both of you.

BJJ in or around Houston. Sounds like a job for PapaRotzee.

Ideas for fund raising: charity grappling tournaments or seminars.

I have some help from my gym GB the woodlands, i know papa is down in GB texas with drac, I'd really love people from the area to come help and have asked my gym. I'm just trying to get as many people as possible involved.

You should look into doing a seminar fund raiser. See if you can get some big name guys from GB to come in and donate their time for the seminar.

Dude, I will paypal you the money to buy one gi. Send me a PM.

I challenge other sherdoggers to step up!

There are so many gyms in Houston, stop by each of them and explain what you're doing, they'll for sure help out!

Thanks for the offer i got your email heavy grappler, if you buy a gi you will be the first one taking up on the offer to buy a new one, right now i have about 8 jackets but no pants. Im getting about 15 kids showing up every wednesday and friday, It's fun. I hear a lot of why do I have to wear this its so hot.

I got this one girl whose about 100 pounds who seems to love it, maybe ill get her the first gi. Ill get some pics up if everything goes through.

TTT I sent my donation (sorry it took so long.)

This is easy to support. What is $25 (to some of us?) Think of what jiu jitsu has given you.

I have a wager on a fight in the upcoming W-1 MMA card in Halifax. If Tristan Johnson wins, Robin Black (Canadian MMA figure of some notoriety,) is buying you TWO gis!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back