ankle pick rules

anklepick

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
the ankle ankle pick is probabaly the best takedown against a larger opponent.

Wow...

No offense dude...but this is the best you can come up with...2 posts in...so this is what we have to look forward to?

I was hoping from the title to get some insight regarding mechanics/trouble shooting of ankle pick techniques...
Word to the wise...keep posting like this and you will most likely not last long here...

Question for TS: Are you landing in your opponent's guard when you execute this? I see a lot of smaller guys get the take down, but don't take the time to execute the move correctly, and so end up in a bad position.

Wow...

No offense dude...but this is the best you can come up with...2 posts in...so this is what we have to look forward to?

I was hoping from the title to get some insight regarding mechanics/trouble shooting of ankle pick techniques...
Word to the wise...keep posting like this and you will most likely not last long here...

ww.truth.com

Says who? Jacare maybe. Maybe even for you?

What about a guy who is really good at single legs, or footsweeps, or flying attacks, or inside tri.....

Fuck it, I'm wasting my time.

There is not one best technique to use. Most guys who start doing the ankle pick just try to pick up the ankle, so of course if you try to do that it will not work on a larger opponent. The key is to lean your parter backwards using a push/pull sensation you have created with grabbing either the gi or the head and the ankle. This will make the ankle light and will make it easy to be picked. In this sense, it would work on larger opponents, but no technique is the best.

Watch me save this thread.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x3Ta_81j4Io&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x3Ta_81j4Io&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

O'Doyle rules!

Jacare's so awesome with the ankle pick.

qft, mikey did save this thread. btw i am a heavyweight, and i love the ankle pick, and sweeps like that. i learned it in wrestling, got better with it in judo

:redface:no offense mikey but i think in that vid he did maybe one ankle pick, the others were reaps or sweeps as taught in judo the ankle pick is when you actually reach down and "pick" you opponets ankle hence the name ankle pick, they dont call it the ankle trip or the ankle reap, so i dont know if that actually saved this thread or not

:redface:no offense mikey but i think in that vid he did maybe one ankle pick, the others were reaps or sweeps as taught in judo the ankle pick is when you actually reach down and "pick" you opponets ankle hence the name ankle pick, they dont call it the ankle trip or the ankle reap, so i dont know if that actually saved this thread or not

Jacare mainly uses that foot sweep as a block so they can't avoid the ankle pick. It's a set-up for the ankle pick and he does reach down after it and pick the ankle in most of those takedowns. it's just hard to see because he's so damn fast.

true i wasnt trying to be a dick at all i hope you didnt take it that way, it just seemed in the vid he was using his trips to get em down

Watch me save this thread.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x3Ta_81j4Io&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x3Ta_81j4Io&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

O'Doyle rules!

DAMN!

Straight pick. Inside, outside...left, right. I'll be practicing my ankle picks for the next 6 months! Sheesh, thanks Mikey! :wink:

true i wasnt trying to be a dick at all i hope you didnt take it that way, it just seemed in the vid he was using his trips to get em down

no I got what you were saying. He uses those trips and blocks to off-balance the opponent and set-up the ankle pick; though sometimes the block itself can do the trick.

Back