• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anime and Manga v40: Repeated Thread Necromancy Edition

I thought it was extraordinarily generic and boring. It might have been better if I hadn't read so many other shonens, but when you've read 50+ action shonens one of them really needs to do something above average to stand out. And Fire Brigade did not. The setting wasn't great, the characters weren't great, the plot wasn't great, the art wasn't great, the villains weren't great, the powers weren't great. It was just whole lot of 5/10 elements combining into a 3.5/10 whole.

Ouch. Admittedly that sounds like what I'm looking for. I really just need/want and good and well animated Battle Shounen to binge on since...it actually feels like its been a long while since we've had one.

So Im not a "anime seasonal watcher" but the big shows this year are getting some hype.

The promised neverland is the clear standout imo, and a classic in the making.

Mob Psycho is something special, especially towards the end. Its a great anime.

Dororo is petty great aswell but imo its not as amazing as the other 2.

Shield Hero is the most enraged Ive ever been at a show in a while, decent writing. 2 epsiodes in and everyone seems like idiotic scumbags.

Shield Hero is the most enraged Ive ever been at a show in a while, decent writing. 2 epsiodes in and everyone seems like idiotic scumbags.

Me and my daughter have really been into this one. Watch it weekly.

Me and my daughter have really been into this one. Watch it weekly.
The joy of being a work-at-home dad is I would prepare breakfast at the end of my shift and watch new episodes of animes that me and my kids follow every morning before they go to school.

So Im not a "anime seasonal watcher" but the big shows this year are getting some hype.

The promised neverland is the clear standout imo, and a classic in the making.

Mob Psycho is something special, especially towards the end. Its a great anime.

Dororo is petty great aswell but imo its not as amazing as the other 2.

Slime is good and I can rec as a solid watch though it gets rushed in it's second half. Shield Hero enrages me for...Different reasons.

Slime is good and I can rec as a solid watch though it gets rushed in it's second half. Shield Hero enrages me for...Different reasons.
Have heard of it but dont now what its about, weird name so it stoodout but i dismissed it as some wacky anime with little substance but if youre recommending it, ill give it a shot.

tumblr_pooovxXbgc1qkz08qo1_540.gif

Have heard of it but dont now what its about, weird name so it stoodout but i dismissed it as some wacky anime with little substance but if youre recommending it, ill give it a shot.

Both are great. Slime has caught up to the manga I think so I am not sure when we will get more anime. Hero is awesome. it's the only anime I've been eagerly looking forward to as of late.

I really need to watch other series and wouldn't mind more recommendations.

its a shame there aren't more Korean mangas that get turned into anime. there's a few that are quite good.

edit: i'll have to check out the promised land.

Is there anything like Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Trigun, or Outlaw Star that has come out in recent years that isn't some Shounen shit that starts good and invariably becomes trash at some stage?

I want to try Gangsta on Hulu but haven't gotten around to it and I know Black Lagoon is good as I started it but haven't finished it.

Am I the ONLY one still watching the shit show called Sword Art Alicization????

This fuckin' anime blows but I must finish this train wreck and then vow to never watch another Sword Art ever again. They practically neutered Kirito and turned him into a slightly above average fighter in this new world and his multiple near-death experience back in SAO mean NOTHING. He cries like a bitch and gets mentally stunned/frozen at critical moments endangering not only himself but his friends.

Way to ruin a great fuckin' character....

Is there anything like Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Trigun, or Outlaw Star that has come out in recent years that isn't some Shounen shit that starts good and invariably becomes trash at some stage?

I want to try Gangsta on Hulu but haven't gotten around to it and I know Black Lagoon is good as I started it but haven't finished it.
Gonna be hard pressed to find anything as good, but I suggest Rainbow, its a fantastic adult anime, thats more on the drama and feels side and doesnt have the action like Cowboy though.

If youre on netflix etc, I suggest Devilman crybaby, some of the best anime in recent years imo and an absolute classic. Some will find the overly graphic scenes offputing though but its pure and utter creativity at work.

Gangsta is alright. Nothing really deep story wise but it moves along quick and brings the action.

Maybe 91 days might also interest you too.

Peerless Dad would be dope.
And Solo Leveling.

Green Boy would also be dope.

In addition to Solo Leveling and Peerless Dad all of the following non-Japanese series (last two are Chinese, the rest Korean) would potentially make good anime:
The Breaker, Tower of God, Wind Breaker, Gosu, Yongbi, Veritas, The Gamer, The God of High School, Noblesse, Feng Shen Ji, Tales of Demons and Gods

Read the manga over at Mangalife. It's really good. Check out the anime as well though the second half after episode 14 or 15 isn't as good as the first due to committee issues.

Gonna be hard as hell to top The Promised Neverland as Anime of the Year, that season finale was goddamn fantastic.

how often does Vinland Saga get updated is it once a month or like 8 - 10x a year?

Gangsta I liked a lot. The characters were great and I enjoyed the world they built. It doesn't have an ending though and I think the anime has been canceled so I wouldn't waste your time.

Am I the ONLY one still watching the shit show called Sword Art Alicization????

This fuckin' anime blows but I must finish this train wreck and then vow to never watch another Sword Art ever again. They practically neutered Kirito and turned him into a slightly above average fighter in this new world and his multiple near-death experience back in SAO mean NOTHING. He cries like a bitch and gets mentally stunned/frozen at critical moments endangering not only himself but his friends.

Way to ruin a great fuckin' character....

I started this recently. It took like 3-4 episode for me to get into the gun gale season but it was good after that. I also enjoyed the first 2 seasons. This season though? Man I'm on episode 8 and it's so fucking boring.

I finally got around to finishing Kengan Asura. Kinda wish I hadn't bothered. Whit a shit sandwich of an ending. Major plotlines left completely unresolved and the character resolutions that we did get were entirely unsatisfying (even if you could see the biggest one coming ~40 chapters in advance).

Back