• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Anime and Manga v38

One of my favorite anime scenes turned innocent gon Into badass because all shit that happened to him

Gon is a very interesting character. He doesn't always win and has such a unique personality.

If Hisoka saw adult Gon he would have died from blood loss.

Also cool how the manga doesn't have to focus on Killua or Gon to forward the plot. Kurapika and even a random chimera Koala ant can get a chapter dedicated to them.

Togashi mentioned he has about 2-3 arcs left before the manga wraps up. If there were no breaks it would probably be finished by now. Hopefully it gets a good ending. All the arcs have been pretty enjoyable. That's rare for a long running shounen.

Gon is a very interesting character. He doesn't always win and has such a unique personality.

If Hisoka saw adult Gon he would have died from blood loss.

Also cool how the manga doesn't have to focus on Killua or Gon to forward the plot. Kurapika and even a random chimera Koala ant can get a chapter dedicated to them.

Togashi mentioned he has about 2-3 arcs left before the manga wraps up. If there were no breaks it would probably be finished by now. Hopefully it gets a good ending. All the arcs have been pretty enjoyable. That's rare for a long running shounen.
Yea gon was just a innocent kid that wanted to go on a Adventure and find his dad. I bet he didn't think all this bad shit would happen to him but it did. My favorite arc would have to be the video game arc they did. If Hisoka was a real person that fucker would be in jail I loved how he didn't give fuck did what he wanted and he really let his pedo freak shit be known also

Yea gon was just a innocent kid that wanted to go on a Adventure and find his dad. I bet he didn't think all this bad shit would happen to him but it did. My favorite arc would have to be the video game arc they did. If Hisoka was a real person that fucker would be in jail I loved how he didn't give fuck did what he wanted and he really let his pedo freak shit be known also
That arc was called Greed Island. When Gon was fighting Genthru he was freaking insane. Gets the shit kicked out of him and arm blown off. Genthru(bomber) was like Wtf is this
kid insane?
hunter-x-hunter-1642714.jpg

The dodgeball game was also nicely done.

But I wouldn't call Gon innocent per say. He's a little crazy. And since he wanted to be a Hunter I'm sure he was expecting to face some dangerous situations.

Hisoka is a freak of nature but has a cool design. Chrollo murked him though. A rematch under his conditions would be interesting.

Aaaaaaand we're done. That's everything from this year so far.

The Devil King is Bored - Ongoing - [F] - Just not funny.
The Fairy Captivity - Ongoing - [F] - Garbagio.
The Language of God - Ongoing - [C] -
The Moon at Daybreak - Ongoing - [C] -
The Scholar's Reincarnation - Ongoing - [C] -
To You, The Immortal - Ongoing - [B+] - Good, but lots of tragedy.
Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki - Ongoing - [C] -
Tohai - Ongoing - [F] - The writing here is a mess. It feels like there's a lot missing.
Tomodachi o Tsukurou - Ongoing - [F] - I hate 4koma.
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu - Ongoing - [B-] - Not bad, but sort of forgettable.
Ubau Mono Ubawareru Mono - Ongoing - [F] - Sick and tired of this damn "RPG world" trope.
Wizardly Tower - Ongoing - [C] -
Wonted - Ongoing - [F] -
Wood Stock - Ongoing - [B] -
Yakumo-san wa Edzuke ga Shitai - Ongoing - [F] -
Yowamushi Pedal - Ongoing - [C-] - Ugly artwork, meh story. Dumped it when it started introducing these really weird characters.
Yuki ni Tsubasa - Ongoing - [F] -
Zannen Jokanbu Black General-san - Ongoing - [F] - Comedy that's not funny.
Zettai Karen Children - Ongoing - [C] -
Werewolf Breeding - Ongoing - [F] -
Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken - Ongoing - [A-] - It's a reincarnation-into-RPG-like-world series, which in general I'm just sick to death of, but this one does something really different. The MC comes back as a lowly slime, but it's treated with surprising seriousness. The author surprisingly manages to pull off what could have been a disastrous concept.
World Teacher - Isekaishiki Kyouiku Agent - Ongoing - [F] -
Zui Wu Dao - Ongoing - [C] - Nothing amazing, and it got cancelled at the end of it's first real arc so don't bother.
Violent Path Martial Arts School - Ongoing - [B?] - This is a tentative rating, there's so few chapters out it's hard to judge where this is going.
X Epoch of Dragon - Ongoing - [F] - Fucking reincarnation! Stop it! Find a better framing device!

I wouldn't put this past you so I'm going to ask. Do you have charts or graphs to give is an idea of how many Fs you've given out as opposed to As, and what is the general average for Manga ?

I wouldn't put this past you so I'm going to ask. Do you have charts or graphs to give is an idea of how many Fs you've given out as opposed to As, and what is the general average for Manga ?
Damn you for asking me this! I thought it would be quick and easy to convert my txt review files to a spreadsheet and run the numbers. But noooooooooo. Instead the data was a formatting nightmare and I've spent more than an hour fixing it (still only partway there). Anyways, here you go:
chart.png

Damn you for asking me this! I thought it would be quick and easy to convert my txt review files to a spreadsheet and run the numbers. But noooooooooo. Instead the data was a formatting nightmare and I've spent more than an hour fixing it (still only partway there). Anyways, here you go:
View attachment 257393

I knew you couldn't resist and the effort is appreciated and respected . My respect is the best thing I can offer on this forum.

That arc was called Greed Island. When Gon was fighting Genthru he was freaking insane. Gets the shit kicked out of him and arm blown off. Genthru(bomber) was like Wtf is this
kid insane?
hunter-x-hunter-1642714.jpg

The dodgeball game was also nicely done.

But I wouldn't call Gon innocent per say. He's a little crazy. And since he wanted to be a Hunter I'm sure he was expecting to face some dangerous situations.

Hisoka is a freak of nature but has a cool design. Chrollo murked him though. A rematch under his conditions would be interesting.
true i bet he didn't expect on his adventure he would get stalked by a creepy pedo in hisoka no one could have expect that

why do Mangakas like killing off some many of their characters

lol, no way in hell that works. The art style is such an ingrained part of the series that real people will look really strange.

A live action Monster would be dope.

Or Bartender. Live action One Piece would be hilariously bad due to the devil fruits and other wacky ideas.

you guys read the last issue of HXH? this arc is amazing and Kuroro is on the ship!!! holy shiet

you guys read the last issue of HXH? this arc is amazing and Kuroro is on the ship!!! holy shiet
Yeah. Succession war is going smoothly. Prince Terror sandwhich is a nen genious just like Gon and Killua. Most excited for the dark continent and the calamities.

A live action Monster would be dope.

Or Bartender. Live action One Piece would be hilariously bad due to the devil fruits and other wacky ideas.

Agree. A live action version of Golden Kamuy would work perfectly though as would a few others like Big O, Outlaw Star, and Cowboy Bebop..

I don't read manga's, but I do hope the anime starts again some day. Even if it was not until 2019 I would be happy. One of my favorite animes even though they dragged the last arc like crazy.

Back