Angelus Leather Paint

rskbreaker

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Anyone have experience using this paint?

I'm thinking about trying it out to repaint some gloves.

28ec7634b68ddd6f529d8314eea3f5f7.jpg

Last edited:
Technoir might be helpful..he painted a headguard I bought off him.

so is that the colour youve picked for the shootos then rsk?

will the paint peel off if it were to be applied on gloves?

You probly won't get a smooth finish with a brush though.

Perhaps. From my initial search everyone said to use a brush. I'll do a little more research before I pick up the paints tomorrow.

so is that the colour youve picked for the shootos then rsk?

Wow...You too! I'm working on a side project. Maybe tone will want these instead of those damn cursed shooto gloves. :icon_chee

78929972-9A04-40CB-A52A-B89D80D6412D-6459-000003AFE72F736B.jpg

I just bought Meltonin Leather Spray Paint to try paint my white JC groin protector to match my headgear. If it works, it will be awesome, if not, it's just a groin protector.

Look forward to seeing how they compare.

will the paint peel off if it were to be applied on gloves?

From what I read, it's pretty much the industry standard for leather paint, and won't peel or crack when applied correctly.

Perhaps. From my initial search everyone said to use a brush. I'll do a little more research before I pick up the paints tomorrow.

Wow...You too! I'm working on a side project. Maybe tone will want these instead of those damn cursed shooto gloves. :icon_chee

78929972-9A04-40CB-A52A-B89D80D6412D-6459-000003AFE72F736B.jpg

Look forward to seeing how they compare.

From what I read, it's pretty much the industry standard for leather paint, and won't peel or crack when applied correctly.

I'll post pics if it succeeds.

Hmmmm.Maybe,I've used plenty of mitts in the past and can give you a review of those too.But please don't put the 'aiming spot' on mine if that's what you decide to do...ty

any special cure process?
no baking? or no flash process? I would assume that for a really good finish for the paint.

My paint should come in the mail on Friday. I got sparring + the UFC fight viewing at my gym Saturday so that's gone. I'll probably work on it Sunday + the next week. After the paint drys I'm going to leather condition it to protect it.

My paint should come in the mail on Friday. I got sparring + the UFC fight viewing at my gym Saturday so that's gone. I'll probably work on it Sunday + the next week. After the paint drys I'm going to leather condition it to protect it.

woundn't that not matter since your already putting a non porous layer(painting the glove)? pre condition the leather perhaps, but that might prevent the right cohesion to the leather.

any special cure process?
no baking? or no flash process? I would assume that for a really good finish for the paint.

They sell an acrylic finisher that I will be using.

Acrylic Finisher
Matte, Satin, Gloss, or High Gloss
: The Acrylic Finisher is used on all smooth leathers. It is excellent for hand crafted work or high speed production. Just apply with a sponge, rag, sheep's wool, or spray gun, and let dry. No buffing is needed. This water-based product cleans up with soap and water. When dry, the Acrylic Finisher is water-resistant, and will not rub off, crack, or streak. It is flexible enough for shoes, belts, handbags, luggage, saddlery, and tack equipment. It can also be used on gourds or anything needing a clear finish.

sorry, it's very interesting, I can't wait to see the results...I wish I had the time to be as innovative as you!! lol

Just messing with ya. You give me too much credit. It's mostly copying on my part, with my own little touch here and there.

Hmmmm.Maybe,I've used plenty of mitts in the past and can give you a review of those too.But please don't put the 'aiming spot' on mine if that's what you decide to do...ty

I can do it without the aiming spot as well. Let's see how they look once they're done. If you're still interested, they are yours!

Last edited:
Comparison pics coming soon!

7DC26832-E81A-4B68-99B2-267878ED3F9D-1105-000000B6A56C56FF-1.jpg

87AC8023-5EF7-4448-BC3D-FBE16AF701F3-1105-000000BAA45F8659.jpg

Last edited:
Back