Andy's fan and his double standard

he already earned the GOAT title for his 2006-2013 run, 16 consecutive ufc victories, 11 title defenses with 9 finishes. Beat and set every record in the book.
He didn' hang em after that, he decided to be around and show us how he ages and fights in his mid forties. Unlike some others who retire at 32.
Yeah, stupid Georges not losing every fight for the remainder of his career. It's very respectable of Anderson Silva to stick around for 7 additional years for our entertainment to watch him lose every single fight he's been in since he lost to Chris Weidman in Julu 2013.

TheSpider when you explain MMA to him and that GSP is awesome:

giphy.gif

Pretty much how you reacted when you were called out for your bullshit on 'GOAT' lw Tony haha

I don't have a problem, Anderson has a long history of trying to get easy fights, just pointing out how he's challenging a natural FW to fight at a catch weight.

Yet takes less heat than GSP moving up a weight class to fight for the title.

Not sure how you can't see a double standard here

Dude, everybody and their mother wants to fight McGregor for that red panty night. He shot for the star and for some mysterious reasons it worked (although I'll believe it when I see it).

Champions get "heat" when they avoid contenders and clog divisions to chase this kind of fights, but neither Anderson nor Conor have any belt at the moment (Anderson is not even a contender, and he is also freaking 45). If Conor wants to play ball, let them do whatever they want.

Yeah, stupid Georges not losing every fight for the remainder of his career. It's very respectable of Anderson Silva to stick around for 7 additional years for our entertainment to watch him lose every single fight he's been in since he lost to Chris Weidman in Julu 2013.

It takes a lot of courage to go through what Anderson has gone through instead of happily retiring after the first loss.

Pretty much how you reacted when you were called out for your bullshit on 'GOAT' lw Tony haha
You are possibly the fakest person on Sherdog.

I seem to recall you saying him and Khabib were the 2 best LWs..... Too funny.

Hilarious to compare me to a guy who just trolls in every single post.

It takes a lot of courage to go through what Anderson has gone through instead of happily retiring after the first loss.
This post doesn't make sense. Who or what is the last part of your sentence referring to. it doesn't apply to Silva or GSP so it literally doesn't make sense.

Sigh, let's say GSP hand picked Bisping, which no one is arguing, GSP was very open about it.

But that hand picked opponent was more dangerous than AS hand picking Nick Diaz, Conor McGregor and Bisping.

Colitis is treatable, it took him over a year to get it under control, not sure how this doesn't make sense to you, the fact that GSP went from fighting at 185, to being able to compete at 155 a little over a year later, after suffering from a disease whose symptoms include extreme weight loss, kind helps further cement his claim of the disease.

I honestly don't care if GSP hand picked Bisping, and to a certain extent I can't even blame Bisping fully for ducking the middle weight division because making money while you still can is far more important long term. But if anything I blame Bisping and the UFC. At least you acknowledge It I suppose. I've seen enough fans deny the cherry picking.

Why does it matter if Anderson Silva decided to fight Nick Diaz at 40 years old after a 2 year lay off.. after being Ko'd and breaking his leg? He was in a really bad place at the time both physically and mentally. I am not a big fan of Chris Weidman because he beat Anderson Silva but after his brutal defeats post championship status, I thought Weidman needed a few easier fights too.

Remember the time GSP called out Conor Mcgregor right before his return? Is it only okay for GSP to call out Conor Mcgregor now? Why can't a 45 year old dinosaur like Anderson Silva with no obligations in his division to reciprocate what Conor Mcgregor asked for?

Colitis is treatable, it took him over a year to get it under control, not sure how this doesn't make sense to you, the fact that GSP went from fighting at 185, to being able to compete at 155 a little over a year later, after suffering from a disease whose symptoms include extreme weight loss, kind helps further cement his claim of the disease.

Yeah sorry I don't buy it and neither did Robert Whittaker: “I always knew there was a very big chance he was just going to take off and not fight, Feb 2018
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway I am legitimately trying to figure out how this is a double standard my dude. These examples you gave us aren't comparable 1:1 with all things considered in my opinion.

I mean you can call Anderson Silva a hypocrite for taking roids for example. You can accuse him of having no interest in Jon Jones. But this, a double standard? I just cannot buy what you are selling here.

Last edited:
Imagine if GSP came back after a hiatus.

And challenged Frankie Edgar at a catch weight of 161.

You would be tearing him to shreds.

The only difference here is the $$$ behind Conor's name.

And if that is a legitimate reason for you, then how do you justify your criticisms of picking Bisping (which most of you thought he'd lose) when Bisping/MW belt was his best financial option??

I always feel like GSP haters are secretly his biggest fans in denial, because he let you guys down and All your hopes and dreams

Reasons why you hate GSP

1.Walked away from the sport in his prime(ish)
2.Never went up to fight Anderson Silva
3.Never fought Robert Whitaker
4.Didnt finish enough fights for you
5.Didn't reclaim the WW Title

It's like you had these expectations from him that he could never live up to, and then he left you, and now your a bitter ex girl friend trying to tell other fans what a bad boyfriend, I mean fighter he was.
GSP is a pussy. Ducked Anderson when he should fight him to come back and fight Bisping the problem wasnt weigh the problem was Anderson.

Imagine if GSP came back after a hiatus.

And challenged Frankie Edgar at a catch weight of 161.

You would be tearing him to shreds.

The only difference here is the $$$ behind Conor's name.

And if that is a legitimate reason for you, then how do you justify your criticisms of picking Bisping (which most of you thought he'd lose) when Bisping/MW belt was his best financial option??

I always feel like GSP haters are secretly his biggest fans in denial, because he let you guys down and All your hopes and dreams

Reasons why you hate GSP

1.Walked away from the sport in his prime(ish)
2.Never went up to fight Anderson Silva
3.Never fought Robert Whitaker
4.Didnt finish enough fights for you
5.Didn't reclaim the WW Title

It's like you had these expectations from him that he could never live up to, and then he left you, and now your a bitter ex girl friend trying to tell other fans what a bad boyfriend, I mean fighter he was.
GSP did come back to take the title from a weak champ then vacated any responsibility to defend AND THEN challenged the champ 2 weight classes below. THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED IN REAL LIFE. This thread DUCKING FUMB!!!

I don't have a problem, Anderson has a long history of trying to get easy fights, just pointing out how he's challenging a natural FW to fight at a catch weight.

Yet takes less heat than GSP moving up a weight class to fight for the title.

Not sure how you can't see a double standard here
Conor is NOT a natural featherweight. Besides they are number 1 and 2 GOAT... according to Conor.

1. The mere fact that Anderson is still competing after such a severe injury is commendable

2. Anderson no longer has anything left to prove, he fights for the love of the sport. GSP fought for a paycheck and always QUIT when things got tough. Where is he now?

3. GSP made a career of fighting bloated LW’s: Sherk, Serra, BJ x2... his whole career is a sham.

GSP fans are obsessed with Anderson because they really wish their hero GSP had even half the heart.

<BC1>
lol u think silva is not fighting for pay checks ?

1. The mere fact that Anderson is still competing after such a severe injury is commendable

2. Anderson no longer has anything left to prove, he fights for the love of the sport. GSP fought for a paycheck and always QUIT when things got tough. Where is he now?

3. GSP made a career of fighting bloated LW’s: Sherk, Serra, BJ x2... his whole career is a sham.

GSP fans are obsessed with Anderson because they really wish their hero GSP had even half the heart.

<BC1>
ironic coming from wanderlei fan

Anderson fans don't care that their hero cheats to get ahead with PED's and still regard him as the P4P GOAT.... That by itself tells you everything you need to know about them and their values.

Besides, the Sherdog P4P Goat Poll proves GSP is clearly number one in the Goat list here, whereas Anderson is in 4th place lmao.

Anderson fans don't care that their hero cheats to get ahead with PED's and still regard him as the P4P GOAT.... That by itself tells you everything you need to know about them and their values.

Besides, the Sherdog P4P Goat Poll proves GSP is clearly number one in the Goat list here, whereas Anderson is in 4th place lmao.
Lol. Right because if I want proof of anything I go and check a Sherdog poll/popularity contest.
GTFO!!! I'm not gonna argue about PEDs.

Fact is they got busted and it didn't look good. But that is all GSP GOAT claimers can hang on to because the fact is Jones and Silva had a better championship resume. Hell DJ and Aldo are arguable as well. GSP has only had 1 fight post USADA.

No way in hell is he Undisputed GOAT. GOAT blanket maybe. Certainly put me to sleep. Oh dammit, now I'm sounding like a GSP hater.

Lol. Right because if I want proof of anything I go and check a Sherdog poll/popularity contest.
GTFO!!! I'm not gonna argue about PEDs.

Fact is they got busted and it didn't look good. But that is all GSP GOAT claimers can hang on to because the fact is Jones and Silva had a better championship resume. Hell DJ and Aldo are arguable as well. GSP has only had 1 fight post USADA.

No way in hell is he Undisputed GOAT. GOAT blanket maybe. Certainly put me to sleep. Oh dammit, now I'm sounding like a GSP hater.

Back