Andy Ruiz, Who could be his next trainer?

The article says who can save his career but you can’t save Someone who commits suicide voluntarily. Robles was his best bet if he cannot land Atlas but I think Ruiz jumped the gun here but I guess we’ll see. One thing in his favor is he’s a good listener and follows instructions so Atlas may not have to plead in the corner ,the training may be another story ?

I guess I’d go with Atlas because Ruiz can learn the Mike Tyson type of fighting and that’s who he closest resembles to inside combo punching and Atlas would know exactly the best way for him to get the most out of another short guy which in this era is not easy most guys can’t close distance fast ,in Ruiz case it’s because he’s about 40 pounds more for his height .

Teddy atlas and ángel García both have said publicly that they want the gig

Robert Garcia > Teddy Atlas
Robert Garcia doesn't even know who his fighters are....it's an assembly line of 100s of mid tier people.

Why would any real fighter waste time on that unless they already have an established relationship.

Teddy atlas and ángel García both have said publicly that they want the gig
https://www.boxingscene.com/teddy-atlas-sees-early-ko-wilder-interested-training-andy-ruiz--146383

--Atlas is still waiting on a call-back from the Ruiz camp to finalize the plans, he said on Wednesday, but he’s already planning the mechanics of their get-together.

“The first step to actually entertain us doing something is for us to meet,” Atlas said. “That means for you to come to New York. That’s all. I’m not saying yes just to say yes. There’s got to be a process, or at least for me there has to be. It’s not a big deal. I think that’s the right way to do it, for me and for them.”

Atlas has a template that he uses when he’s meeting fighters for the first time to see if it makes sense for them to enter into a boxer-trainer relationship, he says. He spends a couple days with them, just sitting down to see if there’s a personal connection. They watch film together. Then they go to the gym to see if the chemistry extends to the ring. It’s a feeling out process to determine if the pairing will work.
Atlas is certainly intrigued with also working with Ruiz and seeing if he can bring out the best in him. Atlas made sure to credit those who worked with Ruiz previously, such as Robles and Top Rank, his former promoter, for getting him this far. (He’s now advised by Al Haymon.) Atlas has already broken down tape of Ruiz and written up several pages of notes that he plans to discuss with Ruiz when they meet.

Atlas views Ruiz from a teacher’s perspective.

“His punches could be shorter and more succinct and his style or his approach could be more consistent,” he said. “If he’s going to be aggressive, then teach him how to be aggressive in a more consistent, efficient, effective way.”--

image.jpg

My guess is Manny Robles.

Personally I think he should choose Dave Allen from the UK. Been very impressed with some of the great training videos I have seen from IFL and Boxing Social in the UK. Allen could be the next Steward.

Personally I think he should choose Dave Allen from the UK. Been very impressed with some of the great training videos I have seen from IFL and Boxing Social in the UK. Allen could be the next Steward.
wtahy4kqiryy.jpg

Jenny Craig

Back