Andy Ruiz, this generation's Buster Douglas?

CastletonSnob

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
If you think about it, there are a lot of similarities. Both beat the champion in a huge upset, both lost in their first defense, and both came in fat for their defense.

this just shows how great joshua is.

made 10 million of dollars but hes still hungry: changed his style, improved and showed that hes the better boxer.

this just shows how great joshua is.

made 10 million of dollars but hes still hungry: changed his style, improved and showed that hes the better boxer.
No you can't say stuff like that! Giving Joshua credit when he is just a one dimensional slugger with no defence and a fake mentally weak persona.

If you think about it, there are a lot of similarities. Both beat the champion in a huge upset, both lost in their first defense, and both came in fat for their defense.
No, wash ur mouth with Listerine. I dip my mouth gaurd in it.

Douglas was a a below average fighter with a bunch of ko losses squeezing into the world stage.

Andy Ruiz Jr. is a guy with impressive hand speed, crisp technique, with a bunch of legit wins. only loss was to Parker and it was an MD and some thought he won.

Hell Naw. There are nothing a like.

Just that most likely undisputed champion will be….Wilder.
Wilder has a puncher's chance against Joshua. If he can't land that right straight laser cannon cleanly, he loses.

What got me was that with Ruiz's am background he literally had fuck all idea what to do with a boxer who could stick and ove in the way AJ did. AJ made the improvements and Ruiz had regressed to a 1dimensional slugger, who had run out of ideas by the mid way point.

After what I saw tonight I think wilder takes him with ease.

AJ should never have lost that first fight. I've never held Andy in high regard and he was thoroughly outboxed tonight.

AJ made the improvements and Ruiz had regressed to a 1dimensional slugger, who had run out of ideas by the mid way point.
No, actually Ruiz was far more stabile than expected and especially after weight ins...

Ruiz isn't that bad as ppl think.

douglas had all the teachings and the size and skill to put up a good fight, he proved that he was more than a bum. the thing is, as i've said before, many guys in that era had talent, douglas was no more talented than tubbs, page,williams, witherspoon, many things weeded guys out at that time, drugs, lack of dedication, head issues of one kind of another, to tell you the truth, with the way tyson fought, any of the above guys could have pulled off the same on a good night. that's why champs are champs, they are suppossed to be ready for a guys best night, ali was ingenious about these sorts of things, he goes so far in his own bio as to declare that the forgotten fighters of the late fifties and sixties "on a good night could beat me".

Douglas was a a below average fighter with a bunch of ko losses squeezing into the world stage.

I am convinced most people have no idea what average means anymore. Between this and people saying shit like "Halle Berry is just average," or some other girl who is a 10, just maybe not your favorite, I am quite certain.

douglas had all the teachings and the size and skill to put up a good fight, he proved that he was more than a bum.

Absolutely. That night against Tyson, Buster could have beat anybody. The talent came together with the mental resolve to do it for his mother. He was a man possessed.

I don't care for the Douglas comparison. Ruiz was a legit top 10 guy when he beat Joshua the first time and had some solid wins. The guy had one razor close decision loss.

Douglas was a gatekeeper who had lost to journeymen and failed contenders.

Ruiz vs Joshua wasn't the upset Tyson vs Douglas was. Not even close.

Either Buster Douglas or Corrie Sanders.

** Oh, I just remembered that Corrie lost to Vitali in his next fight, not Wlad.

Last edited:
Wilder has a puncher's chance against Joshua. If he can't land that right straight laser cannon cleanly, he loses.

Doesnt even need to land it cleanly to spark guys, and like you said it's a laser cannon, dudes pretty precise with it.

I'd take Wilders right hand over gun-shy Joshua's chin. Only has to land it once, and over 12 rounds? He will lol

Doesnt even need to land it cleanly to spark guys, and like you said it's a laser cannon, dudes pretty precise with it.

I'd take Wilders right hand over gun-shy Joshua's chin. Only has to land it once, and over 12 rounds? He will lol
but that's under the assumption that joshua doesn't hurt him first.

wilder has been clipped and hurt a couple of times himself, by people with less power than joshua. wilder gets outboxed comfortably in most fights where he's facing a technical boxer, then he finally times his right hand and knocks them dead. but what if the superior boxer also has stupid power? joshua hits like a truck, and he's the far better boxer of the two.

i agree that wilder's right hand probably faceplants joshua, but i'm not at all certain wilder can last long enough to land it.

Back