Andy/Mikey was the fight that Andy/Diaz should have been

riitzni

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
This was a 'serious' fight against a credible opponent. It was supposed to be either a loss for a declining legend or a brief spark of the old fire. Bisping was supposed to suffer some crazy KO or work Anderson into a steady but sure loss, highlighting how the years have piled up.

We kind of got all of that in one batshit crazy fight.

Anderson clowned. He spun his hands. He leaned up against the wall inviting Micheal to hit him for so long Bisping was like "Seriously?" The Count put him on his ass and made it seem like his victory was inevitable. Then round three came and I am at a loss to describe what the fuck I just saw.

I don't know what was running through Herb's mind. Or Micheal's for that matter. They usually wait for a break in the action and it would have been an even worse decision imo to try to break them up over the mouthpiece when they were clearly in the middle of a scuffle. That part didn't really bother me. What bothered/confused/baffled me is that Micheal tried to stop the fight to get his mouthpiece back (which he should have known wasn't his call) and the fact that Herb had someone who was clearly concussed keep fighting. He should have just went ahead and called it.

This is the kind of insanity I expected from the Diaz fight. Somehow the two agreed to switch places without telling anyone.

Yep, unfortunately, Nick did more clowning in that fight than Anderson did in THIS one.

It could have been a war.

Yeah I remember a few people on here were claiming that fight was the best fight they have ever seen lol. I don't even like Bisping (Who really does?) but he put on one hell of a performance yesterday and did what he had to do to get the win.

Well said.

90.gif

Fun fight, congrats to the Count!

Back