Andy Hug vs Pierre Guenette - Very strange fight

spacetime

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

First off: Look at the body language of Guenette in the beginning. He looks scared, and his fighting is very rushed. It's a complete disaster from beginning to end.

Was he too old to transition to K1 (28), weak mentally, or just simply a former champion of a weak division in TKD?

These are his merits:

2 Times World Champ Taekwondo ITF(1987 et 1992).

I'll go with..

D. He was fighting Andy Hug

The annoying thing with these trolls and there threads is a lot of the time they demonstrate enough knowledge that you could actually have a good conversation with them, but they instead talk shit for the lulz

Anybody who knows anything about kickboxing can see that this guy did not belong in K1 at all. He couldn't last 30 seconds. That is quite mysterious given his record in TKD.

It was his 1st kickboxing fight & it was against Andy Hug. That is an extremely difficult debut. Also, what weight was he? It looked like he is under 200 lbs.

It was his 1st kickboxing fight & it was against Andy Hug. That is an extremely difficult debut. Also, what weight was he? It looked like he is under 200 lbs.

He had enough trophies in TKD world championships to use as furniture. Why would he be intimated? Difference between respect and intimidation. He was intimated. Andy Hug was not invincible in the ring.

He did no better against Nakasako, and then retired.

Lmfao did this crush your sense of superiority that ITF TKD is supposed to have. Well guess what it is a hard transition from TKD to full contact striking and while everything works it doesn't have the highest success rate compared to full contact striking arts even Kyokushin

Lmfao did this crush your sense of superiority that ITF TKD is supposed to have. Well guess what it is a hard transition from TKD to full contact striking and while everything works it doesn't have the highest success rate compared to full contact striking arts even Kyokushin

Yes because boxing is SOOO much better:

Yes because boxing is SOOO much better:

I have always said that kcikboxing/MT is the base and that anyone needs to learn that at least defensively to make use of their boxing skills.
Boxing has a better track record though. Mercer knocked out Sylvia and Botha gave some fighters at least a tough fight and beat LeBanner injury or not

I have always said that kcikboxing/MT is the base and that anyone needs to learn that at least defensively to make use of their boxing skills.
Boxing has a better track record though. Mercer knocked out Sylvia and Botha gave some fighters at least a tough fight and beat LeBanner injury or not

TKD wasn't designed for gloves and clinch. I have the great privilige of be instructed by one the worlds few grandmasters in ITF, so I am more than happy with my decision:) You never know when that opportunity arrises again.

Back