Andrew Golota / Corey "T-Rex" Sanders

MC Paul Barman

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was watching some old fights I had records a while back and came across one with Golota fighting a tall, in shape and built black dude. I couldn't think of who the hell this fighter was. Then they finally mentioned Corey Sanders. And I quickly remembered the lumbering, fat giant that clipped Maskaev and took the fight away from him.

Golota Sanders was a fun fight. How can one guy, Golota, breakdown in fights when he struggles.... then struggle in a fight against a guy he should beat and keep his cool?

If you have it, watch this fight. It's just a fun heavyweight fight to watch. Two big guys going at it. Something that you don't see that much of anymore.

Is that the one where the announcers were talking about the blood splattering on them?

I remember seeing that fight as well. Very good fight.....

Now you rarely see two heavies going back and forth like that.
Throwing big shots, landing big shots and absorbing big shots.... repeat.

The big heavies now seem too timid and tentative.

Cocked eyed Corey Sanders, I remember that fight.

Speaking of Golota and mental breakdowns, I met Samson Po'uha today. Nice guy, once I get to know him a bit better I'm going to ask him what it was like to get bit by Golota in mid-fight. lol

Speaking of Golota and mental breakdowns, I met Samson Po'uha today. Nice guy, once I get to know him a bit better I'm going to ask him what it was like to get bit by Golota in mid-fight. lol

I still remember his reaction when they were leaning on each other, and all of a sudden....

The way Samson pulled back and let out this yell.....llike "WTF....he bit me!" That was on USA fights, and he had a wicked mark on his neck when they showed him after the stoppage.

I watched that one live. I couldn't believe what happened. I don't even think the commentators were too sure either right away.
What a messed up guy.

I remember seeing a fight where Sanders thought the ref had stopped the fight but he had not.

Sanders climbed on the turnbuckle, jumped off landed flat on his back on the canvas in celebratory awe and the ref looks across the ring at him like WTF????

Also the only fight in which I've ever heard that big feet allow you to take a good punch and also have knockout power.

Back