• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Andrei Arlovski vs. Marcos Rogerio de Lima set for UFC event, Oct. 29th

Who wins?

• Total voters
I think this is a good fight. I’m curious what the odds are, seems like a tossup. I lean De Lima though.

Hope Arlovski gets it done but de lima is a crafty striker with some big power so I don't know how pitbull slows him down like the unskilled newer fighters he's been beating up.

Arlovski via sage wisdom.

AA is almost in waterson territory with his sparring displays. used to root for him but was years ago, he's a smoke break fight for me now.

Dude is still quietly making $millions. That’s very impressive in the modern UFC. Can’t hate on that. Sometimes I pick him to win, sometimes to lose. But for the most part Arlovski is not really entertaining anymore. It’s not often you know a HW fight is going to the judges scorecards. But bet the over anytime Andre is in there.

Arlovksi has probably fought to the best of his abilities with a diminishing skill set more then any other fighter these past few years. Could have been passed up a decade ago, yet he’s still here headlining a main event lol. Well done

de lima is gonna fuck him up badly. he doesn’t show up to play patty cake like a lot of andrei’s recent opponents. he’s coming to take andrei’s head off.

4 for 4 in his last 4.

6 for 7 in his last 7

only loss in that was to Tom aspinal

let’s make it 5 for 5 Andrei! WAR Pitbull!

de Lima is harder than any of the guys Arlovski's faced since Aspinall. Hits hard too, and he ran through Ben Rothwell in like 30 seconds. I think Arlovski gets stopped.

Translated:

"De Lima, 37, is looking for his third victory in his last four fights. He has beaten Maurice Greene and Ben Rothwell before suffering a points loss to Blagoy Ivanov in May. The TUF Brasil 3 veteran has a record of 19 wins (14 KOs), eight losses and one draw."

"On the other side will be an MMA legend. The "Pitbull" Andrei Arlovski, 43, has more than 50 fights in his career, with 34 wins, 20 losses and two "No Contest". The Belarusian was UFC heavyweight champion between 2005 and 2006, he has already gone through Elite XC, Strikeforce, ONE Championship and World Series of Fighting and faced some of the biggest names in the history of the sport, such as Fedor Emelianenko, Fabrício Werdum, Pedro Rizzo, Stipe Miocic, Alistair Overeem, Tim Sylvia, among others. He won his last four fights in the UFC."

When will Andrei go for retirement?

All logic says that Arlovski should lose, but every time I’ve said that he proves me wrong…

His opponent this time is no spring chicken either though. But I’m still going to say he beats Arlovski via decision.

Arlovski is on a hot streak so I’m rooting for his fifth win in a row.

14 fights in just over four years. That’s crazy for any fighter. But it’s even more impressive considering his age and how long he’s been in the game.
Yeah.. Andrei keeps conning the UFC by beating all the low tier HWs and making bank out of it.. boring the fans in the process too.

I'm rooting for him just to see how long he can keep it up.. he is already 43 and still going. At this pace he can easily make it to 45 and still fighting in the UFC.

I swear it feels like this match happened twice already

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back