Andre Galvao - training for Mundial 2008 *video*

Samurai Jack

faixa roxa
@Brown
Reaction score
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yX7VZ16AfoI&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yX7VZ16AfoI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

his level of athleticism is ridicoulous!!

impressive that he can stand on those swiss ballss like that, amazing balance

Was that his heart rate on the treadmill, or the speed?? A rate of 50 bpm when you're already in the gym, walking and ready for a workout seems ridiculous.

My instructor actually does a very similar workout. Once he started really doing it, everything seemed to be that much worse rolling with him.

BTW Andre is a beast

Some really good movements there.

I first became a fan of Galvaos a while back when I saw his clip, I think it was part of "Arte Suave" or something like that, and he really stressed having a strong grip. He was climbing around his gym on a rope network, and then he was doing snatches, etc.

I just gained a whole lot of newfound respect for swiss balls. I guess there actually is a use for one.

btw andre galao has better core strength then Todd....yeah it had to be said.

Some really good movements there.

I first became a fan of Galvaos a while back when I saw his clip, I think it was part of "Arte Suave" or something like that, and he really stressed having a strong grip. He was climbing around his gym on a rope network, and then he was doing snatches, etc.

yeah man, i've watched his training clips and mundial clips on arte suave about 100 times since i got the dvds. he's absolutely amazing. in arte suave he had 84 medals on the wall. some were very small and it made me feel really good that at some point HE was the one out there competing as a white belt and probably losing just as much as he won.

his BJJ coach now yes.

~Foz

I read somewhere that Wand was happy to train his ground game with Xtreme Couture guys, because he said that with Galvao he just got beat up all the time...

there you have it folks, the secret to andre galvaos success is kettlebells

haha, he focuses on:

balance
grip
explosiveness

too bad we've known forever how vital these three things are for bjj. he just does them better than anybody and has been doing them for years and years.

How much does Andre weigh? 175-190? I saw some where that he was competing in the medium heavy category, if so that sounds larger than i thought. I've seen his match against Garcia and he looked the same size?

Back