Andre Berto

migessy

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
When do u guys think we'll see Andre Berto fight some of the elite welterweights?
How well do ya'll think he will do agaisn't them?

I would love to watch Berto Vs Cotto. I think Berto even tough he hasn't foutgh anyone with a big name i think has to be considered one of the best 10 welterwights

I think Berto needs to win a couple more fights before he tries to fight someone like Cotto.

When do u guys think we'll see Andre Berto fight some of the elite welterweights?

I would love to watch Berto Vs Cotto. I think Berto even tough he hasn't foutgh anyone with a big name i think has to be considered one of the best 10 welterwights

Andre Berto would be murdered by Cotto at this stage....

I am a big Berto fan, but it is still a little too soon for the elite guys.

I think Berto needs to win a couple more fights before he tries to fight someone like Cotto.

i think hes ready for a big fight. he's extremly talented, very fast and has lots of power. but im sure he'll take a few more opponents b4 he takes a big fight. i think he's actually fighting tonite in san jose but i dont know who

Berto would be a challenger in any division but the 1 he is in. If he could move down to 140 or move up to 154 he could win a belt for sure. I would give him the best chance to beat Cintron out of all the 147lb champions right now.

im just ready to see what he really brings to the table. i would put money on berto vs quintana. and i think a fight vs cotto would be nothing but fireworks. would he win i dont know. but im sure it would be competetive and wouldn't get murdered as stated by Edgerrin

Yes, it would be a massacre against Cotto. Berto needs more fights.

If Berto's smart he won't fight someone like Cotto for a long time.

wow i cant beilive that almost no one in here thinks berto can hang with the top guys in his division.

wow i cant beilive that almost no one in here thinks berto can hang with the top guys in his division.

Not now doesn't mean not ever.

Berto's still under 25 and in the stage of his development where he's fighting tough old journeymen or untested guys with gaudy records. I imagine he has a few more of those ahead of him, or some matchups with some faded former champs before we'll see him face the top ten.

There's plenty of money waiting for Andre, there's no point in rushing things.

I think it's time for a big fight to see where Berto's at, not the elite, but someone to test him good.
Berto vs Cotto = Malignaggi massacre only Berto goes down and doesnt get up.

Berto is good, but I haven't seen anything to show that he could take on Cotto- at least not yet. Hell, don't thing he could even take Judah.

Andre Berto would be murdered by Cotto at this stage....

Exactly, but I think Cotto would murder PBF as well.

Berto needs a fight with a guy like Luis Collazo first. That would tell us where he's at. Then maybe Judah next.

You got to build these guys up right. Put him in with someone like Cotto too early and you could destroy his career. And he's NOT ready.

You got to build these guys up right. Put him in with someone like Cotto too early and you could destroy his career. And he's NOT ready.

I agree that putting a fighter in with somebody too good, too fast can shoot their confidence totally down. He needs to be builkt up some more.....

Back