• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Andre Arlovski doesn't go for the flying knee. Does he beat Fedor?

I felt the match was mostly uneventful until the final 10 seconds or so. Arlo found his range and was effectivley countering Fedor. To say arlo was winning the round really dont mean anything,as i said it was only the last 10 seconds where anything was happening. Fedor then knocked him out.

3221002965_7ff86725c9_c.jpg
Fedor-Emelianenko-vs-Andrei-Arlovski-mma-3784499-600-347.jpg

<Fedor23>
hendo-ko-on-fedor.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
tumblr_plz3si4SLJ1udfb8oo1_400.gifv
giphy.gif

If Arlovski had a much better chin, he could have won a decision. But he does not and Fedor would have found it.

If Arlovski had a much better chin, he could have won a decision. But he does not and Fedor would have found it.

Most if not ALL people would be knocked out by that shot.

One of my favorite fedor KOs perfect counter he runs right into fedor punch and fedor deads him

Yes. if I remember correctly... Arlovski was on his way to knocking out Fedor in that fight until he tried that flying knee. LOL

I was actually shocked at the way he was dominating Fedor before that Tiger Knee mistake.
There are gifs where all of his punches were being deflected. Not sure if they exist anymore, watching it though I thought the same. If Arlovski had a strong chin and better fight IQ, would've been a legend

but AA was winning the fight before that stupid flying knee
I was actually shocked at the way he was dominating Fedor before that Tiger Knee mistake.
I did. Fedor's only break was when he was hugging Arlovski. It was one sided before the KO.
Arlovski’s speed was definitely giving Fedor problems
I honestly think that if he kept it standing with a distance, Arlovski would have won that fight BUT that is exactly what Fedor knew so he capitalized when Arlovski did that.
But he was winning the fight up until that point if it means anything.
Arlovski was controlling the pace walking Fedor down and landing body shots. Not much but clearly winning.... you clown
Yes. if I remember correctly... Arlovski was on his way to knocking out Fedor in that fight until he tried that flying knee. LOL
Arlovski lands a body kick, though Fedor tucks away from it:
qQj5LG.gif

Arlovski misses all of these punches, Fedor lands a left hook:
k25KXE.gif

Andrei lands a punch on Fedor's chest and misses the rest; Fedor lands a punch on Andrei's arm, lands a left hook (or it's blocked), and misses the rest:
NOxj1p.gif

Fedor misses a left hook, misses a right hook; Andrei punches Fedor's armpit and shoulder:
qQj58G.gif

Andrei missed the right hand, but landed a weak body kick:
Z84yGJ.gif

The striking was fairly even, but Fedor's control in the clinch put him ahead on scorecards at this point, and then:
Og7kGp.gif

16jqMR.gif

It only looks like Andrei is landing punches because Fedor is rolling with them, that's why people mistakenly think Andrei did better in this fight than reality.

If you slow down the video to 0.25 speed, it's easy to see how much Andrei misses.

Arlovski lands a body kick, though Fedor tucks away from it:
qQj5LG.gif

Arlovski misses all of these punches, Fedor lands a left hook:
k25KXE.gif

Andrei lands a punch on Fedor's chest and misses the rest; Fedor lands a punch on Andrei's arm, lands a left hook (or it's blocked), and misses the rest:
NOxj1p.gif

Fedor misses a left hook, misses a right hook; Andrei punches Fedor's armpit and shoulder:
qQj58G.gif

Andrei missed the right hand, but landed a weak body kick:
Z84yGJ.gif

The striking was fairly even, but Fedor's control in the clinch put him ahead on scorecards at this point, and then:
Og7kGp.gif

16jqMR.gif
{<redford}

In an alternate timeline, Arlovski ko'ed Fedor and still went on to lose to Bret Rogers and the Fedor fans disappeared from the world.
You wish bud

I don’t believe so. We have seen different trends in AA’s career- the violent, aggressive guy who blitzed opponents and the very methodical, composed guy who tends to either win or lose close decisions. The latter has really defined his recent years and it’s cool to see he adapted his style in a way that prevents him from sustaining too much damage.

Either version matched up poorly with fedors style though. Chicken dance notwithstanding, Fedor in that time period had serious durability. AA was a good finisher but trying to get Fedor out of there would have required a great deal of risk and exposing himself to Fedor’s powerful hooks and counters.

Conversely, if he sat on the outside and picked his spots- well it would have been a disciplined and commendable approach but it would have had to be executed effectively for three rounds. It’s tough to stay in there with an animal like Fedor for that long without getting caught by some big shots or outgrappled and subbed.

AA is a great enough fighter that counting him out entirely would be foolish. But if you asked me to speculate how that fight plays out without the flying knee...AA lands some good shots and shows solid movement for a while longer before Fedor ultimately clips him and tkos him with follow up shots on the ground.

Big fan of both guys, but I was rooting for AA that night.
Was this fight three rounds or 5 rounds? I dont recall. I doubt it would have gone the distance in any case

Probably not. Andrei wasn't landing as much as it looked like. And it was still the point in his career where he often over exposed himself. Fedor likely would have clipped him eventually. But maybe who knows.

No. There's footage of that fight from an angle different than the one that was broadcasted that showed most of the shots people thought were landing on Fedor were missing.

Fedor picked his spot and KO'd him. That was his last great performance IMO.

People who didn't see Fedor slipping those punches during the broadcast have no business offering their opinions on MMA because they're blind and fucking stupid.

Reactions: HHJ
Except he wasn't. Watch it again. Pretty much nothing landed. The fight was only 3 minutes in and very few shots had landed for either fighter at that point.

I've been disgusted for years by the amount of blind dolts who believe Arlovski was dominating that fight for a single moment. The human race is full of literal garbage. I'm amazed that thr majority of them can even locate their front doors on a daily basis, let alone function in society.

Probably, but it’s not worth talking about. Fedor KO’d him.

I did. Fedor's only break was when he was hugging Arlovski. It was one sided before the KO.

People are trying to tell you Arlovski didn't land anything. Fedor, who's face gets very easily bruised, didn't have a single mark on his face after the fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back