Anderson's Comeback (Personal injury take)

wandy22

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Sup guys, Semi-long read for the people of sherdog

I had a very similar injury to Anderson's but it was in my forearm rather than shin (ulna/radius double break and even compounded) while wrestling. I just wanted to state that for those people out here who think that he can just sit out a year and comeback without any lingering issues in that leg, its not gonna happen.

I lost an estimated 30% range of motion in my pronation/supination (Rotating forearm clockwise or counter) along with never being able to twitch my fingers in the left hand like I could before. What's really killer is the loss of range of motion and the compensating by little and unaccustomed muscles that must take place all over the body. I can feel significant differences over several places on the left side of my body:bicep, tricep, Neck, shoulder, around the scapula, low back, & hip.

Im aware that Anderson has far more money than I and is more athletic.... which should lead to full recovery. However, anybody who has never suffered this level of injury and claiming a seamless return without any complications is being blissfully ignorant. I personally believe that it has taken a few years off his career and he will retire somewhere around 42 as stiffness from compensation around the body gets progressively worse(Or it definitely did for me) That being said, Anderson please destroy Diaz, KTFO would be very satisfying

Interesting. Your injury was similar but different as the leg and the arm are wired differently (as far as I know). But you're right in assuming that there has to be some sort of lingering affects from that injury. Problem is, even though there might be, I don't think Anderson will divulge any info on how his leg feels.

When asked about it, he'll probably answer "is normal"

Question for you TS, was it hard to mentally get over the injury?

yeah its a real shame. what is worse for me is the 2 weidman fights and how they both ended. both fights reminded me of sonnen-silva II. First round silva gets taken down, manhandled and then gets back up by the end of the round. Next round he stops the takedown and starts striking aggressively and throwing kicks.

I'm still pissed at silva literally giving away a KO to weidman by doing that stupid hands-down cockiness bullshit. Maybe weidman would have actually KO'd him legitimately in the next round, or beat him by decision, or maybe silva would have won decisively after losing an early round (like he did against hendo, sonnen, lutter .etc) that ending was retarded, and that was a big KO too, probably gave him a big concussion.

Then in the rematch (like the sonnen, hendo, lutter fights) he gets manhandled in the 1st then comes out strong in the 2nd, and his leg kick is checked breaking his leg in what really is a freak accident. Silva has come back from losing an early round many times, and then eventually finding a way to win. That's what made him a champion. We saw weidman slow down considerably in the last 2 rounds of the machida fight, I'm sure against silva the same thing would have happened had the 2 fights not ended prematurely via suicide KO & leg break lol

Really hoping silva manages to recover from this injury but i think he's gonna be a lot slower, less mobile, and have weaker kicks, punches, TDD .etc. So now it's gonna be even harder for him to redeem himself against weidman if they do fight a 3rd time.

TLDR: butthurt silva supporter

I agree with what is being said here, that's why my first reaction was 'Anderson please go to boxing, or do some freak match ups (like Diaz)'.

Not saying Diaz is a joke, but his style could give Silva the space to showcase his skills (in his prime Silva kills Nock, we all know that right?).

So when I hear DFW winner of Silva-Diaz gets winner of Weidman-Diaz it gives me the creeps.

Anderson's leg cannot be ready to another brutal check, or a hard kick.
His body won't hold onto Weidman's attacks, bad style match up, it's late in his career, and Weidman is a stud.

That being said Go Sp

Sorry for the spelling mistakes, hell I tried to edit it but this sh*tboar wont let me.. always asking for lenghten my msg with 3 more characters and although I do, the page still freeze and keep on asking me 3 more characters. f it

Question for you TS, was it hard to mentally get over the injury?

Not as hard as you might think. First 4-6 months is hard but when you can start lifting weights again, are in shape as we both were when the injury occurred, along with having knowledge and experience of S&C, the rehabbing back up to equal strength on both sides comes along. I just looked at it as a chance to get the rest of my body strong while I was hurt, then bringing the injured side back up to the rest of the body. Was stoked as ever to get back and wrestle again about 9-10 months later.

Somebody as mentally strong as Silva is shouldn't have too much problems returning, mentality wise. idk about physically but he has a strong mentality and has appeared to be eager to get back since like 3 months after his injury. So if your asking if Silva will have mental problems when he comes back my answer shifts to the no side.

How old were you when this happen? High school? How long ago was this?

Back