Anderson's Chances for a Title Shot

Luminaire

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Everything hinges on tomorrow's result in the Bisping fight of course. But say Anderson comes out and looks terrific, puts on a classic Anderson performance. It's possible, I'd even say likely that his next fight could be a title shot especially if Rockhold is still champ.

The often injured Weidman looks to have the next crack at Rockhold. Jacare and Belfort are fighting each other soon but Jacare already holds a loss to Rockhold and Belfort is building a Faber-like resume of failed title bouts already. Romero is in the middle of his own doping allegations.

So say Anderson comes in, moves well... looks confident. Does a bit of the flashy stuff we are used to and then finishes Bisping impressively. Are we looking at a Title shot for Anderson?

He will get a title shot with a victory over Bisping

If Rockhold, Anderson, and Vitor win it'll be Rockhold/Vitor 2 for obvious reasons.
If Rockhold, Jacare, and Anderson win it'll be Rockhold/Silva due to Anderson being the bigger name.
If Weidman, Anderson, and Jacare win it'll be Weidman/Jacare because no one wants to see Weidman/Silva 3.
If Weidman, Anderson, and Vitor win....I don't know what will happen.

If Belfort wins, they will fight and the winner fights for the belt.

Anderson vs Rockhold would be cool.

Rockhold isn't tough as Weidman so he Anderson games could be a factor in this.

Honestly at this stage, I don't want to see Anderson get hurt badly again, and I think either Luke or Teh Chris will wreck him. He's past his prime and getting up there in age and fragility.

Slim to none. Should just take fun fights that he can win.

it's possible. the ratings would be good and they would generate a story around it, "aging ex-champ comes back for one more crack at glory etc.".

i don't think he'd be able to handle rockhold at this point but would be an interesting fight to watch.

Anderson would knock Rockhold out. Maybe.
Not sure if Rockhold got a lot better after Vitor KOd him or if Weidman had a severe off night. That's the big question. Did Rockhold get THAT much better? Wish we'd see him face someone other than Weidman. But, I still believe in Anderson.

Is totally posible if he finishes Bisping in all fashion Spider Style.

I can see him doing very well against Rockhold. Much better chances than vs. Weidman

Last edited:
As a long time Anderson fan... I'm just going to enjoy this. He's 40+ and still fighting, gotta savor it. Hopefully tomorrow is entertaining.

If he lost to Bisping.. he would never by champ again..

if he win.. he would need at least 2 more wins against top fighter like Mousasi or Jacare / Vitor or Cris.

Everything hinges on tomorrow's result in the Bisping fight of course. But say Anderson comes out and looks terrific, puts on a classic Anderson performance. It's possible, I'd even say likely that his next fight could be a title shot especially if Rockhold is still champ.

The often injured Weidman looks to have the next crack at Rockhold. Jacare and Belfort are fighting each other soon but Jacare already holds a loss to Rockhold and Belfort is building a Faber-like resume of failed title bouts already. Romero is in the middle of his own doping allegations.

So say Anderson comes in, moves well... looks confident. Does a bit of the flashy stuff we are used to and then finishes Bisping impressively. Are we looking at a Title shot for Anderson?

I love Anderson, but I hope he doesnt get a title shot. He's so far from his prime now. The guy who fought Diaz & Weidman & Bonnar has absolutely nothing for Luke Rockhold. It would be a mauling.

I am a big fan but would want 1 more win after Bisping.

vs Mousasi (if he wins Leites) or Yoel.

I would also need Luke to win their 2nd Weidman fight; Anderson should not fight for a title against Weidman

Back