Anderson's and Diaz's next fight if they lose?

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Anderson Silva has the most riding on this fight. This fight will be a telltale sign on the future of his career. How well does he come back from his devastating leg injury and how is he now that he's a bit older. Losing to a man in a lower weight class will not be good. Although with a win or loss I have no fear that Anderson wouldn't get another top opponent even if he's brutally finished.

Nick Diaz has everything to gain. Win or lose he's going up a weight class and fighting a legend. Whether or not that legend is on the decline does not matter. Anderson is still one of the best.

So what are Diaz and Anderson's next fight if they lose?

I think it's ridiculous that Anderson gets a 2nd shot at reclaiming his belt from Weidman on a win over Diaz, a WW, but whatever, this is the UFC.

What does Diaz get with a win over Anderson? (Obviously not a MW title shot at Weidman).

Retirement for Diaz. Bisping for Silva.

If Diaz wins , WW titleshot.

Anderson: retirement. Even if he wins and it was a 5 round war, or he gets beat up and wins, retirement.

Diaz: Condit or someone else top 5 if the fight was competitive but he lost. Someone from the top 10 if he loses more quickly/easily.

For Anderson if he wins either Weidman III/Belfort or super fight with GSP
if he loses good fights against Rampage, Shogun, Bisping, Davis,

For Diaz if he wins Lawler II
if he loses Condit rematch, Matt Brown/Hendricks loser, Lombard/Rory loser
maybe even a drop to 155.

Anderson vs shogun
Diaz vs shogun
Diaz vs bisping
Diaz vs Rory

Anderson will fight Shogun at the TUF finale if he loses to Weidman and Diaz will disappear for another year or two until he needs money again.

Anderson - Top 10 MW (Kennedy?)
Diaz - Top 10 WW (Brown-Hendricks loser)

silva gets bisping. diaz gets lil diaz.

the brother on brother angle will get the needle moving

Correct regarding Diaz. This could be last call for Diaz fans.

I don't see how a loss to the top fighter in a weight calls above him counts a nail in the coffin.

I don't see how a loss to the top fighter in a weight calls above him counts a nail in the coffin.

Diaz only wants big money fights. You think he's coming for Matt Brown money? He stayed retired for a year and a half before Zuffa caved and gave him this fight.

If Silva loses, Silva vs Belfort II (if Weidman wins)
If Diaz loses, Diaz vs Matt Brown

Diaz only wants big money fights. You think he's coming for Matt Brown money? He stayed retired for a year and a half before Zuffa caved and gave him this fight.

I'm sure they could find Diaz another superfight.

Anderson:

Win and it will be a TS vs Weidman
Lose, unlikely but you'd have to consider retirement... maybe a Hendo rematch.. CM Punk? lol

Diaz:

Win, WW Titleshot or top contenders fight - lombard/rory or Hendricks/Brown
Lose: (likely) Perhaps loser of Hendricks/brown - diaz/brown would be a classic matchup

I wouldn't mind seeing Diaz vs Machida, just for fun. Anderson should fight Jacare or Romero.

Silva can fight Dan Henderson, Diaz Condit

Back